“Just book it!”

Ranked #291 of 467 Hotels in New York City
chicago,IL
“Just book it!”
Reviewed 14 March 2012

So I stayed at the La quinta Inn for four days with some girlfriends. My stay was awesome. Ill start at the airport. I got in late from Chicago and I was assuming my cab ride would be expensive. I flew in from LGA. At the taxi stand the attendant will ask you what city. Once in the taxi the driver asked where was I going. I gave the address and the driver asked was it between 5th and 6th. Since I did my research I knew that it was. He asked which way would I like him to go. I said the fasted. He took the tunnel. The ride was maybe 20 min. And the fare was like $25. Wow! Cheap! Check inn was easy. The room was clean. Im glad I decided to stay in my own room separate from my girlfriends because the rooms are small! However it was really clean, the water was hot, the sheets were warm, the heat worked, no smells, no bugs. No loud noises. I have no complaints. I had the breakfast which was good. I liked the apple juice. The area cant be beat. Its on this block that takes you to asia! Your right off of the famous 5th ave. right down the street from Macys, Madison Square garden, The empire state building. Lots of gift shops, restaurants, little bars. The sub way is right there. This is the place to stay it cant be beat. I payed $99 a night on southwest.com

Room Tip: No more then 4 in a cab. Me and my friends found this out while trying to get to some attractions. W...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank strawberryshtc
applecorehotelsstaff, Operations Associate at La Quinta Inn & Suites Manhattan, responded to this review, 15 March 2012
Dear strawberryshtc,
Thank you for your review. We are glad you had a great stay and hope you had fun in the city with your friends! Our rooms vary in size, but most about the same size as other hotels in Manhattan. Most of our guests also love the location, free breakfast, free Wi-Fi, and free domestic phone calls.
We hope that if you and your friends return to New York City, you will stay with us again!
Liz from Apple Core Hotels
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Really pleased with our hotel. The staff has been extremely helpful and the hotel is very centrally located. Our room is typical of NY rooms small but very clean and good wifi access. The breakfast in the morning is substantial. Our room was for the most part quiet at night, and the beds were very comfortable. Would definitely stay here again, and would recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: We were in a room away from the street which proved to be very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank travelingTch
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Small room good brekfest neer the empire state buildind and macyes
Good location for shopping trip

Room Tip: High floor
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Holly Springs, North Carolina
Reviewed 1 March 2012

My wife and I stayed here 3 nights, February 18-20. King room, spacious, clean, and good hot shower with good pressure. Bed very comfortable, firm but with pillow-top. Breakfast buffet had good selection and was frequently replenished, even up to closing time. Staff was courteous and helpful. Subway entrance at corner, steps away. Herald Square two short blocks away, as is Empire State Building. Can't beat the location. Rate was reasonable, especially for NYC. We definitely will return, and we highly recommend the LQ Manhattan.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank STEVEN F
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 28 February 2012

we stayed here only 1 night because of a bad experience at the Royal Park Hotel and Hostel, and we found them very clean , they even upgraded us to a king sized bed at no charge!
the location is perfect, the staff was friendly and overall it was a very nice place.
we will come back next time we are in NYC !

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple