“completely satisfied”

The Hotel @ New York City
Ranked #325 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I was completely satisfied with this hotel for what it is. It's a tourist hotel, not a luxury hotel, so it's functional but not amazing. I stayed in a room with a queen-size bed which also had a desk, decent bathroom and good closet space. The only minor feature of the room I did not like was the cheap tissues, which were rough and uncomfortable, but of course it's not hard to buy your own. The room was clean and comfortable, decent size by NYC standards, and the hotel is well located. They offer breakfast but I prefer the Bread & Butter at the corner of 29th and Park. All in all, a fully satisfactory experience. I'll be back.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank melbguy
applecorehotelsstaff, Operations Associate at The Hotel @ New York City, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2012

Dear melbguy,
Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel, but are sorry about the tissues. We will certainly look into another brand. Our free breakfast offers a variety of breads, fruits, cereals, boiled eggs, yogurt, and more, if you ever need a quick bite before heading out.
We look forward to welcoming you next time!
Liz from Apple Core Hotels

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

We went to NYC to meet our new granddaughter born at NYU Langone Medical Center.
This hotel was a gret location..only 6 blocks from the hospital. An easy walk.
The staff at the Ramada Eastside (esp.the front desk) were great..trying to be helpful with any request we had ,even helping hail a taxi to Penn Station .
And the complimentary breakfast was good..pastry,bagels, donuts,hard-boiled eggs,yogurt,
assorted cereal and on and on.

Room Tip: We had a queen non-smoking on the 9th floor ..a little small but nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 March 2012

King room does not have a refrigerator and microwave like advertised, only some of the queen rooms do. Staff was accommodating with my concern that my room didn't have what was advertised. Be aware that this hotel also charges extra for more than one person.

King room was a typical small NY room with a nice memory foam bed with lots of pillows. Nice flat screen TV with Showtime. Bathroom has a bit of counter space (more than some NY rooms) and a shower/tub with a nice adjustable shower head. Toiletries were good and included conditioner.

Internet is free and fast. Air conditioner was fine, not too noisy.

Breakfast room has beagles, doughnuts, instant oatmeal, hard boiled eggs, toast, cereal, fruit, milk and juices.

Lots of good restaurants in the area, I just wish the subway was a little closer but it's not too far away. I will stay here again and be sure to sign up for Wyndham Rewards so you can earn free stays too.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor to avoid street noise.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 March 2012

I only stayed here for one night and the room smell newly painted. I went to the front desk and told Ms. Julie as I remember her and her answer was the other room was newly painted that is her reason why I was smelling paint in my room. I just said to myself that isn't awkward to give that reason? Number 1- I did not smell the paint in the hallway, so how come the smell of paint will come from the other room? Going to our room? Isn't kinda weird excuse? Secondly, I was not offered to transfer to another room. I just said to myself I could probably tolerate it, but unfortunately the morning I woke up, I am feeling chest pain because of the smell. I didn't brought it up anymore when I check-out anyway there are other hotel around the same area that are not that expensive and hotel staff are better that them. I just reported them to the Department of Health for this.

Room Tip: Make sure you check the room before you finally check-in. Otherwise you will be stuck with the probl...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank renato m
applecorehotelsstaff, Operations Associate at The Hotel @ New York City, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2012

Dear renato m,
Thank you for your review. We are sorry that your stay was not satisfactory and that the smell of paint bothered you. A couple months ago, we opened new rooms in our hotel, so it is possible that your room, or a room next door was freshly painted. Our staff works hard to keep our guests happy, and if you were not happy in your room, a request to switch rooms would have been obliged, based on availability. We strive to provide our guests with the best hotel value, by including free amenities, such as breakfast, wi-fi, and domestic phone calls.
We hope that if your travels bring you back to New York City you will give us another chance.
Liz from Apple Core Hotels

Reviewed 6 March 2012

Great location for a hotel. Lots of local bars and restaurants to choose from. Staff were polite and helpful. Breakfast facilities were good, with plenty of bagels and doughnuts on offer.

Only issue was the size of the room, which is pretty small but that is NYC standard. Also, watch out for the NYC taxes which are included on the end of your bill. We definitely got bitten!

Tip: Head to the bar next door for some drinks which is full of energy. Perfect when you're a little jet-lagged but eager to push your sleep boundaries. The staff are colourful and the food is fantastic.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple