All reviewscolumbus circlecentral parkrestaurant downstairsgreat locationnew yorktimes squarecarnegie hallbudget hotelfew blockswould stay againthe theater districttwo double bedsbroadwaylobbysubwaynycrefrigerator
Reviewed 5 March 2018

I was denyed a room at 1:30am. I had booked the room earlier that day, and when we looked up the route to the hotel, realized that all the bridges were closed due to the storm. I called the hotel after speaking with Daisy, i was told I could not cancel my room after two different phone calls with her. At the end of that conversation, I informed her that I wouldn't be able to make it into the hotel until after midnight. She assured me this was okay, as your hotel was open 24 hours a day. When I finally arrived at the hotel at 1:30am, Brian informed me that they had given away my room and that Daisy had cancelled my room entirely. I spoke with Brian and Eric and they both assured me this refund would not be an issue, since they were able to rebook my room. The manager was very rude and has since denied me such refund. This whole situation has been a game of he said she said, with one employee lying right after the other. Terrible place to stay. Do not recommend to anyone. Very poor customer service. So disappointing.

Room Tip: terrible - do not stay here - worst customer service i have ever expierieced
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
6  Thank samanthajames321
Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

The hotel doesn’t offer much but it’s in a handy location, not far from subways or Times Square. The exterior of the hotel is very plain so we struggled at first to find it too but once in our room was clean and comfortable if not small but for all the time we spent in it, I didn’t find it to be a problem but if your coming to NY to spend your time in your hotel then this isn’t the one for you.
For me the hotel was clean, hot water, great bed with memory foam mattress, great central location and the staff were friendly so I’d recommend this as an ideal place to stay

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AlexV85
Reviewed 17 December 2017

No complaints. This older building is not the Ritz but is affordable and located off Broadway in a perfect spot for walking around the city. The reception staff were always helpful and professional. Joe G's bar and restaurant has good food and friendly staff, Bartender Nikki is an asset to the hotel, she made us feel at home. My room on the second floor was clean, had a dresser, closet, desk, portable heater and street view. I felt safe.

Room Tip: Rooms 202, 302, 402 etc, are facing the street.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank JACQUELINE A
Reviewed 15 December 2017 via mobile

Location was good. Hotel old, cramped and not clean. Thought from the reviews it was a boutique hotel. It was old and badly needing updating. No closet or drawers to put clothes away. We literally lived out of our suitcase. Would not stay their again.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Porter D
Reviewed 28 November 2017

if you look for a budget hotel, and nothing else- its fine.
it is not my first stay, but this time was the one too many.
the rooms has no fresh air, especially the first floor, and it also noisy because of people coming and going all the time. (there are windows leading to inner building pipes and other utilities.
most of the staff are not very competent, nice. but slow. (only one was quick nice and knew what she was doing) the dinner voucher was not ready when I checked in, it took more than 24 hours to prepare. then I could not use it as the manager of the place was not around for Sunday late lunch. the waiter was making a pass at me, felt unsafe.

Room Tip: higher floors. do not take the restaurant offer
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo