Moderne Hotel
Avalon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$ 264
US$ 244
Hotels.com
  • Fitness centre
US$ 219
US$ 170
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$ 185
US$ 157
US$ 168
US$ 138
US$ 312
US$ 228
  • Room Service
The Watson Hotel(New York City)
US$ 164
US$ 154
  • Pool
US$ 343
US$ 283
  • Room Service
Hilton Garden Inn Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$ 305
US$ 248
  • Bar/Lounge
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$ 352
US$ 278
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$ 266
US$ 115
  • Breakfast included
2,020 results
All reviewsguest loungecentral parknew yorkgreat locationtimes squarefire escapesmall hotelbrick wallsecond floor loungecolumbus circlecupcakesfree coffeehell's kitchenjunior suitefront desk stafflincoln centerking bed
Reviewed 17 April 2012

This is a LONG overdue review of this hotel. This was an all around INCREDIBLE experience for my now husband and myself. One I'll remember forever because we stayed here the day we got engaged and the staff was SOOOOO good to us!

Earlier in the day we arrived to the hotel. They let us check in about 2 hours earlier than the check in time which was nice because we had driven from my husbands moms in western, NY and had been in the car for approx 6 hours. Parking is attached to the hotel so that was easy breezy.

The only "downer" for me is that the decor in the hallway on our floor was a little jarring on the eyes but we quickly adjusted to it. The bedrooms aren't the largest but as you can tell from the remodel pictures it has an upscale feel. AS another person posted...the view ..well isn't anything much... pretty much a fire escape..which for me was a little hard at first as I am a little clostraphobic..but I quickly adjusted. The bed was SOOOOO comfortable. Everything was very clean and well stocked. The decor was fantastic and lives up to the hotels name. Very modern, cool, sheik feel to it.

The hotel is in PRIME Manhattan real estate in my mind. Very close walk to central park, making times square, food, and shopping all very close.

When we had any questions at all the front desk was incredibly helpful. Later that night when we told them we just got engaged, they seemed genuinely excited for us. They offered to send us up a dessert and we thankfully declined. Only minutes later had a bell hop at our bedroom door with a free bottle of wine for us, compliments of the hotel to celebrate and thank us for celebrating such a special time with them. My fiance (husband now) had mentioned that we were going to be headed out to Far Rockaway the next day after our checkout and the young woman at the front desk had directions all printed up and told him about a local surf shop even. Nothing we had requested but something that she took upon herself to look up for us in case we needed it.

I meant to write this review so much sooner. So I'm about 7 months late here...but like I said, it was an unforgettable experience at a very fair price. We were treated so so well, and I would love to stay here again, perhaps for an anniversary---I know they wouldn't disappoint. :D

Room Tip: We had no special needs but with how friendly and helpful this staff was, Just ask and I'm sure they will do all they can to meet your needs.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Arianna O
AMahonAHG, Manager at Moderne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post on our property - better late then never! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your trip an hope that you will stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed 16 April 2012

We booked 2 Double rooms (for 2 couples) at the beginning of January 2012 for a trip at the end of March - we got a great deal online and then an even better one when we got there. Due to their availbility we were all upgraded to their junior suites and the rooms were amazing and very clean.
We were greeted by friendly receptionists, who were helpful and attentive to our needs.

The hotel is in a great location, you have a number of Diners and Japanese restaurants around you and shops about 2 mins walk away. It was also handy to have the subway station just down the road.
Although they don't have a restaurant so can't serve up breakfast the hotel puts out cakes, fresh fruit and hot drinks for free for all their guests from 7am in the morning.

My husband and I have visited New York 6 times and this is by far the best hotel we've stayed in and will not hesitate to return - The Moderne Hotel will be the first NYC hotel we pay a repeat visit to.

Thanks again for your hospitality.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lovetravelling888
AMahonAHG, Manager at Moderne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

We are so happy to hear that you and your friends enjoyed your trip! We love our location as well - everything is within walking distance! We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to post a review and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed 15 April 2012

My girlfriend and I recently spent a Friday night at the Moderne and had an extremely positive experience. The room was unique, tidy, and outfitted in a groovy Pop Art style, which was a refreshing break from blandness found in other chains.
The staff were very helpful and friendly and offered excellent suggestions for taking advantage of the area sites and places to dine. Even when our room keys suffered some 'glitches', the staff apologized and immediately helped with escorting to the room to ensure we were able to get in the door.
The location is within walking distance to area attractions and the subway. The rates are reasonable and parking was no hassle and discounted.

I strongly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kevin K

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post on our property. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your kind words. We look forward to seeing you again for a longer visit!

Reviewed 7 April 2012

If you're going to New York for walking, eating, shopping and having fun, than this Hotel is an excellent choice.
It offers nice rooms, with excellent in-room facilities. No view, therefore no noise, so you can really relax and rest after a long New York day.
The staff is omnipresent, and always helpful. They're also well informed to help you choose the best play, restaurant or other guests needed information.

Room Tip: ask for lower floors but not the second... it has traffic
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mark M
AMahonAHG, Manager at Moderne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post on our property! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and sincerely appreciate your kind words! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 7 April 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at The Moderne for an anniversary getaway and we were both very pleasently surprised. The hotel is located in perfect walking distance from all the things we came to New York for. Namely, blocks away from Times Square, the theater district, and central park. The rooms are small which is to be expected in New York. However they are impeccably clean. The bed is very comfortable and I love the rain shower! One of the only cons is the shower doesn't have a door or curtain so we had to put an extra towel down to prevent water from getting everywhere. What really sets this hotel apart is the staff! They are all pleasant, friendly and helpful, going above and beyond. When we asked where we might be able to get chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast one morning, Victoria even went as far as to call several restaurants for us to see if they had them on the menu. Also when the elevator was down for part of the day, they left a delicious chocolate cupcake for the inconvenience. The guest lounge with free coffee 24/7 was a wonderful touch. All in all The Moderne is a wonderful hotel and I will for sure be staying here again for my next trip to NYC!

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank CaraRie
AMahonAHG, Manager at Moderne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post on our property and for your kind words about our staff - we think they're pretty great as well! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon!