“well worth a visit”
Review of Wellington Hotel

Wellington Hotel
Ranked #326 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 31 May 2012

me and my sister have just spent eight days holiday all the staff where ever so friendly and helpful we couldnt fault the hotel at all, when we arrived at our room it was so comfy and spottless the beds where lovely. You could not fault the room at all. I am hoping to return next year and will return to the wellington again. Of the reception is a restaurant we would have breakfast every morning as you leave the hotel on the right was central park and on the left was Times Square the hotel was art decco and really lovely i would strongly recommend this hotel Excellant.

Room Tip: great location
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank annshack1950
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 29 May 2012

Large group of us stayed here last July. We arrived on sunday 3rd July at the hotel, room was of a decent size for New York great location very close to central Park and the Carnegie Centre. had great breakfasts just over the road at the famous carnegie deli, great characters that serve there.
Had a 3 night stay all in all would stay here again. Good value Hotel....

Room Tip: ask for a quite and large room
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MDJLM
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Stayed here for a few days on first trip to New York. I researched before hand and knew it was in a good spot but its not until you get there that you realize how great it is. Easy walking to Central Park and Times Square. We used the hop on hop off bus, we were a bit dubious but it was actually really good. The hotel itself is quite old, but perfectly clean and well looked after. Our room was big enough with 2 beds and a quite small bathroom but that didnt bother us.Staff were always friendly and helpful. Staff there organised a car to take us across to New Jersey for outlet shopping. Value for money here. Went to the Premier Deli across the road for breakfast every morning and it was really good. Will highly recommend this place to all our friends.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
6  Thank Vicki H
Reviewed 27 May 2012

just stayed at this hotel for 4 nights, hotel in good location, but did not think much of the room very small, other than location would not recommend

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank suequigley
Reviewed 27 May 2012

I went on this spur of the moment trip with a friend who had already booked this hotel so I really didn't know what to expect. I know NY can be very expensive for a decent hotel and you really do get what you pay for. My room rate was acceptable and so was the room and hotel. It's a bit older but I found that charming. My room was clean and just fine. (my friend's room had dirty walls, wierd!) I was really worried about bed bugs but there were no problems here. The staff was pleasant. The thing that I really loved about this hotel was the location. I could easily walk to Times Square in about 10 minutes and it's right across the street from Carnegie Deli. (we had egg salad sandwiches at midnight) It's close enough to walk to hot spots and feel safe walking back at night. The hotel also arranged for us to have a private driver take us to the airport and a great price. If I was on a budget I'd stay here again. If you've never been to NY, I recommend doing your homework before you book any place to stay. Again, you get what you pay for and New York hotels are small for the price. (especially the bathrooms)

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends