“holiday”
Review of Wellington Hotel

Wellington Hotel
Ranked #326 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 27 May 2012

just stayed at this hotel for 4 nights, hotel in good location, but did not think much of the room very small, other than location would not recommend

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank suequigley
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 27 May 2012

I went on this spur of the moment trip with a friend who had already booked this hotel so I really didn't know what to expect. I know NY can be very expensive for a decent hotel and you really do get what you pay for. My room rate was acceptable and so was the room and hotel. It's a bit older but I found that charming. My room was clean and just fine. (my friend's room had dirty walls, wierd!) I was really worried about bed bugs but there were no problems here. The staff was pleasant. The thing that I really loved about this hotel was the location. I could easily walk to Times Square in about 10 minutes and it's right across the street from Carnegie Deli. (we had egg salad sandwiches at midnight) It's close enough to walk to hot spots and feel safe walking back at night. The hotel also arranged for us to have a private driver take us to the airport and a great price. If I was on a budget I'd stay here again. If you've never been to NY, I recommend doing your homework before you book any place to stay. Again, you get what you pay for and New York hotels are small for the price. (especially the bathrooms)

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Sheilla D
Reviewed 25 May 2012

My daughters and I shared a two room suite in this historic hotel, Midtown New York. The hotel is old, but clean well taken care of. The beds were great, linens soft and the staff was always cheerful and helpful. It was a perfect location close to Broadway, Subway and all of the sights we were interested in. The price is reasonable and I would recommend it. I would stay there again. Very convenient. A great value for the price.

Room Tip: They have suite with 2 double beds, however if you ask there are suites with a queen bed too :)
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Karen E
Reviewed 25 May 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Wellington in mid-March 2012. We've stayed in many kinds of places (from both YMCAs to other hotels) in midtown and this was our best experience yet. We got a great rate ($500 including tax for four nights) and check-in was efficient, both of which helped a lot. The Wellington is quite "old world" with shaky elevators and narrow hallways that you fear will lead to a room with tiny windows. Nothing of the sort; we had a good sized room (we got the standard double) with a much bigger than average window onto a silent (yes, you read that correctly) side street. Very large closet and renovated bathroom (that did have an odd habit of flushing itself once in a while, but never at night, thankfully). Excellent bed. Nice decor that won't offend anyone. We ate breakfast every day but one in the in-house coffeeshop which is very "Old Midtown." Never did eat in the restaurant. On the next corner is Ben Ash's which is overpriced and has some odd service fees, but across the street is the Carnegie Deli. Need I say more? The subway is right downstairs, Central Park is a few walkable blocks north & Moma is a few blocks east. Times Square was visible (but inaudible) from our room. We'll definitely go back!

Room Tip: As for "a room in the back," which really means a room on the side streets. If you're...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank XuXiakeColumbusOhio
Reviewed 24 May 2012

We stayed at this hotel from 14/5 for a 5 day city break. Upon arrival the receptionist advised us they had overbooked and as a result had to move us to another hotel for 1 night. As we were only there for 4 nights this was a bit of an inconvenience. They did arrange for a bellhop to take our cases 3 blocks down to their sister hotel (Flatotel which was much more roomy) but we had problems getting them to come and get our luggage the following day. This did cause unneccessary stress as the following morning we just wanted to to get out and start our day, not hang around waiting for hotel rooms to be sorted out and luggage transferred.

Although the hotel itself was fairly nice and the room (68) quite nice, we had a view of an office block and the air con barely worked. As a result I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Room 68 has a poor view though sufficiently high that we were not disturbed by road noise.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple