“Trip to Manhattan ”

Book In Advance
More Info
US$ 13.25*
and up
Private Arrival Transfer: New York Airports to...
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We can’t really fault this service. When we arrived at EWR from the UK I called the company to arrange pick up and the car was there shortly afterwards, we ordered an SUV as we had small children and we got to our hotel in Manhattan with no problems. On the way home we ordered a minivan the night before leaving and it arrived on time and took us back to airport again without problems. I noticed a lot of people have complained about having to pay tolls and tips but when we booked via Expedia and on Carmel website for return journey it clearly said tolls and tips were not included in booking fee so it was no surprise that we had to pay this to driver. Tolls and tips total was approx. $35 each way which seemed reasonable. We would certainly use this service again.

1  Thank FarAway764975

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I’ve booked a transfer with Carmel from JFK to Crowne Plaza time square.
I’ve booked the car for a specific hour but there was noone there, I needed to wait for the car for 30 minutes!!
The car was very old and not maintained inside, very not pleasant to sit in.
At the end, I was charged 10$ more than stated at the website and the driver was very rude and was arguing for more tips. Shocking behavior!!
For the way back i have used an Uber which is much more preferable option. Will not use Carmel ever again and will not recommend.

3  Thank 455rinar
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Just grab a taxi. These guys are the worst. They were 35 minutes late picking me up at EWR for a 65 minute trip to Manhattan. I called their customer service to complain and they basically said “sorry, our team will call you back” - I never heard from them again. Then they fill my email with their promos and pitches almost daily and their “unsubscribe” function seems to be broken. Steer clear of these guys and just grab a taxi.

Date of experience: March 2018
3  Thank David N
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Do not use We paid for round trip from and too JFK to our Manhattan hotel Took 20 mins for driver to arrive following call from airport On return journey driver went toll roads without advising us then wouldn’t let us out of the taxi until we had given our credit card details to their dispatch on the phone We then received an e mail receipt for $72 when questioned were told had only charged the credit card $18.50 when arriving home and checking the amount charged was $24 so contacted them again and have had no reply DO NOT USE plenty of alternatives

Date of experience: March 2018
3  Thank karen w
See more reviews
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

I was under the impression the customer decided how much to tip but our drivers told us how much they wanted!
Booked return transfer from JFK to Manhattan. Both driver turned up in time. Cars were clean.
However, there was no mention of the €8.50 toll charge that we had to pay on both journeys.
Disappointing that this information wasn't presented at the time of booking. I don't think I would use again.

2  Thank Tourist574509