“TERRIBLE SERVICE STAFF, COCK ROACHES, RATS AND BEDBUGS!”
Review of West Side YMCA

West Side YMCA
Cheektowaga, New York
“TERRIBLE SERVICE STAFF, COCK ROACHES, RATS AND BEDBUGS!”
Reviewed 15 September 2012

Avoid this place at all costs... You are better off sleeping on the streets, they are cleaner! After making reservations months in advance, upon arrival, I waited in a line at the front desk for 45 minutes, only to be told they did not have the room I booked available due to the fact that they overbook the rooms. The rude front desk clerk by the name of Roman Vasquez said he would see what he could do, if anything, but said he would not make any promises and yelled, next person in line! I waited another 45 minutes and inquired again on the status of the room and was told there was only a single room available... we booked a double room because there were two of us. There was no other place to stay due to the fact that it was fashion week and the September 11th memorial. So we arrive to the room and it was filthy! The sheets looked to be soiled with feces, we requested new bedding several times and it never arrived. We bought our own bedding and used it. That nite we returned to this room and turned on the light and the cock roaches were all over the floor...they stated that it was because they just sprayed the building and that the spraying brought all the cock roached out... Later that night, I went to use the bathroom after I woke up itching terribly and witnessed a large rat scurrying down the hallway... This place should not even be open to the public as it is so filthy. It ruined our entire trip, beginning with the rude staff, Roman Vasquez and ending with cockroaches, rats and bedbugs. Avoid this place like the plague as you very well may leave with it. This place ruined our entire trip and I had to pay several hundred dollars for it. Do not make our mistake!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank D R
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 12 September 2012

Loved New York!!!! Came with friend to enjoy the City and we did not pay much attention to the accommodation... We were looking for simple, cheap place with good connection and we found it.... Its not a 5* place so we were not expecting WOW.... cool for students and people who don't complain much is just perfect!!! Thank you for a safe stay :))))

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Amanda R
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 September 2012

Stayed couple of weeks ago...very good location, right on central park! ...place very basic but ok for European students... good fun and nice experience :) I wouldn't recommend but if you on the budged and travel easy - just go for it!!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Beata J
Reviewed 10 September 2012

I had a terrible experience here for 2 reasons. To me, the worse one was that I was treated poorly by one person named Roman Vasquez because I'm a gay male. I booked and PAID for a room for three nights and my card was deactivated by him before my stay was over. I went down to the front desk to find out why and it was him! This wasted a lot of my time. The other thing is that I found a HUGE cockroach in my room. It was scurrying across the floor I kid you not! I'm really disappointed about my stay. If you don't mind being discriminated against by this individual, by all means stay here. He'll call security on you...seriously

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank mamboitaliono

Travellers are raving about these New York City hotels

Patna, Bihar, India
Reviewed 31 August 2012

This has a good location. Near the famous Central Park etc...Also relatively cheaper. However, the management staff is horrible. There are queues all the time. Security...well hell...This may be good for a short stay. Not recommended for family.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo