All reviews upper east side madison avenue central park sinai hospital museum mile cooper hewitt rooftop terrace new york hour coffee free coffee and tea boutique hotel king suite sitting area front desk staff great boutique bed was comfortable large bathroom
Reviewed 5 April 2018

My brother (who is impossible to please) chose this hotel because of it's proximity to Mount Sinai Hospital (6 short blocks away). I shared a tiny room (12x13 feet) with two twin beds and a big bathroom, with my elderly mother. Our room looked out on an airshaft. I know this all sounds like I'm complaining, but we had a wonderful stay!

Service at the front desk was excellent, they even stored some leftovers for us in the hotel's fridge. On the second floor is a spacious room with couches, tables and chairs and tea and coffee available 24/7. Sarabeth's is accessible from the lobby, so we didn't have to trudge through snow for breakfast. There is a small grocery steps away so we didn't have to pay through the nose for breakfast at Sarabeth's on the non-snowy days. We brought our store-bought goodies back to the second floor lounge and enjoyed our hot beverages.

The hotel also boasts a roof-top public space with seating areas and lovely planters (in season). I went up there for a few minutes to admire the chilly view.

Mom and I had a very nice week.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
HotelWales, General Manager at Hotel Wales, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Good Morning Plasma40,

Thank you so much for the great comments and 4 Star rating from your recent visit with us. We were so happy to read your feedback and we are glad you are sharing it with our future guests and we are doing the same with our hotel team.

We were excited to see you enjoyed our hotel and amenities such as our rooftop terrace and Carnegie Lounge with our 24 hour coffee/tea service. It was good to hear you enjoyed Sarabeth's and the great service and extra effort our hotel team go for our guests. We know you reserved one of our standard rooms and we do hope on your next visit, you will consider one our spacious suites with plenty of room and great views of the city and Central Park.

We look forward to seeing you again next time you are in our Upper East Side neighborhood.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

Probably for the last 20 plus years I had have a love heated relationship with this boutique hotel.
But the thue is that this hotel is one of my very favorite hotes in New York City. Far from the hassle of turist areas hotels Wales Is a prime location just right in Madison Avenue so close to Central Park and the famous fifth avenue.. Surrender by nice Boutiques,good restaurants wine shops,and offee shops.
I notice that they continuously working on renovation and the room are looking so good now.
I really enjoy the great views from my room the Central Park and Madison. The best part is that Wales is next to the restaurant , they serve very good breakfast, and Pola's my favorite Italian food in New York for the last couple of
years. This beloved two restaurants are always pack full of locals who keep coming back for more glorious food.
And they deliver it to you room!

Stayed: February 2018
HotelWales, General Manager at Hotel Wales, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Good Morning lobetravel58,

I am so happy to hear that over the years, we have regained your faith in our hotel and you are enjoying our upgrades we have been making since last year. That will continue with finishing off all new sofa beds in all the suites in addition to full length mirrors that our guests have been asking for which we agree are needed.

We thank you for the great comments about our beautiful Upper East Side location so close to all the gret restaurants, musuems and or course, Central Park just one block away.

We so look forward to seeing you again when you are back in NYC.

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I live in Manhattan and after our block had a massive fire and we needed to evacuate our building with two cats in tow in the dead of night, Hotel Wales was there for us. Gregory was not just accommodating and efficient at getting us a room for a decent price, but when we checked in he even gave us a list of places that were open 24 hours so we could get supplies, delis that opened early in the morning for food, and was just overall very kind to two shaken up travelers with two shaken up cats. They were even flexible on our checkout time, showing that the Hotel Wales really cares about customer comfort. The room was clean and comfortable, and Sarabeths right next door made for a great breakfast. We will always remember the care that was shown to us by the Hotel Wales.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
HotelWales, General Manager at Hotel Wales, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2018

Good Afternoon cinemasonia414,

OMG, so sorry to hear about the fire on your block but it was very nice of you to send us such a wonderful review of your tay with us from the time Gregory took care of you in the middle of the night.

We are all about customer service and we know when someone is in need whether in your case or last minute arrivals related to Mt. Sinai, etc., we are always hoping to be there for our guests. Thank you for the great overview of our hotel and how you loved your accommodations which were comfortable for your needs. We were glad you enjoyed Sarabeth's for breakfast and that the convenience store nearby had what you needed for last minute items.

Please come back and see us again when you don't have an emergency as we would love for you stay with us once again.

Reviewed 23 March 2018

I always enjoy my stay at Hotel Wales. It's a charming hotel with friendly, welcoming and accommodating staff. The rooms are not large but they are more than adequate. The hotel is very quiet for being in the heart of NY City. I have stayed here several times and I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 March 2018

My husband, myself and our miniature schnauzer stayed at the Hotel Wales during a recent, short visit to NYC to visit our daughter. We were thrilled to find a hotel that would accept our dog, that was close to our daughter and near central park. Everything about our stay at the Hotel Wales was very nice. Although the room was small, it had been renovated and was clean, comfortable and quiet. We will stay at the Hotel Wales again and would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
HotelWales, General Manager at Hotel Wales, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2018

Good Afternoon Peppercat1,

Thank you so very much fr the spectacular review from your recent stay with us. We so appreciate the feedback so we can share them with our hotel team and of course, our future guests.

We were so happy to see that you loved our hotel starting with our service and great location and especially caterign to your shnauzer as pets need to be pampered too. We know you reserved our standard room and we hope on your next visit, you will try our spacious suites with plenty of room and great views of the city and Central Park.