11,592 results
All reviews peacock alley iconic hotel bull bear park avenue new york art deco room service beautiful lobby an upgrade grand central station times square nyc luxury glamour concierge renovation doorman
Reviewed 5 February 2018

First room we were given was small and had a very strange odour, however staff at reception moved us straight away when I said I was not happy. The hotel is very dated but it has a certain charm and we enjoyed our stay. Service overall was very good. (Travelled before March 2017)

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

Overall we loved the hotel with all it’s history and charm but it does need modernising, particularly the rooms. An example of this is the heating, we stayed in Feb and couldn’t get our room warm enough.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank OCRMK
Reviewed 22 January 2018

Beautiful New York hotel with history and elegance in spades. We stayed just two nights. Our room was beautifully decorated and wonderfully clean. Staff were attentive and courteous and the food was exceptional.

Both the bar crowd and breakfast guests were all slightly older than I expected.

A very expensive stay - but as a one off we felt that our experience was well worth the cost.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

It was lovely, think it's over rated and over priced if I'm honest. Service is good although bar bill was never right. Rooms spacious and nice vino, good location too so cannot complain. It's worth a visit.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank Angela H
Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

It was second time to stay. Not new but very traditional and sophisticated atmosphere especially Lobby area, All furniture was very classical and historical. Elevators were always operating in timely manner. Security was strict which made me feel secured. Master's bathroom/toilet was behind the Bedroom. Small shower room/toilet was next to living area. You don't have to share toilet with your guests/visitor. I loved it. The problem was I needed to go out every time when I heard unwelcomed voices from upstairs... I will not reserve this hotel when I am with my own children. You can walk around, easy access to Central station (5 mins), Times Square (12 mins), 24/7 convenience store was behind the hotel (5 mins).

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends