I stayed here on a business trip and there are really lots of better hotels in the area for similar prices (The Warwick and The Chambers are two that come to mind). The Mansfield is lacking in some extremely basic hotel necessities. For example, a bath mat would be nice so I don't slip all over the floor when I step out of the shower, or failing this at least an extra towel in the room so I can improvise. The other thing that really irked me was the air conditioning units, as mentioned by other reviewers, though not because they were loud. I was truly shocked that a hotel at this price level would have window units like this, and that the open area of the window would be covered by what is essentially black plastic/foamboard, and ill-fitting to top that off. This makes the rooms really noisy, you can hear literally everything outside and a lot of air comes in from outside which is not nice when it is cold out. Additionally, while I found the bathrooms and bed linens to be clean, the rest of the room was not up to cleanliness standards. Visible layers of dust/grime in the corners and mysterious black sludge marks on the upholstery, and more luggage/other assorted marks on the walls and door frames than is acceptable at this price level. The hardwood floors, one of the main selling points of the hotel, are also not nice, they are irregular and beaten-up.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An architectural and historical landmark, The Mansfield is a portal to a New York City of days gone. Guests of the hotel appreciate its club-like surroundings and superb craftsmanship, as illustrated by the lobby’s detailed illuminated 16-foot ceiling and oval staircases with original terrazzo floors. The Mansfield is located just off of Fifth Avenue at 44th Street, residing within the historic preservation district of Midtown Manhattan, and deep in the heart of the Theater District. The hotel is within a short walk of the finest Fifth Avenue stores, Bryant Park, Times Square, Broadway, Grand Central Station, St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Rockefeller Center, the Empire State Building, Madison Square Garden and the Radio City Music Hall. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Mansfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mansfield Hotel New York City
- Mansfield New York City
- Mansfield Hotel New York City