All reviews small kitchen american cut decorated differently central park great location new york one bedroom suite trump tower huge room shopping and restaurants coffee pot midtown location breakfast was included home away from home a great place to stay three blocks living area
Reviewed 15 May 2018

While in NYC for a conference, we stayed six nights at the Lombardy Hotel. For people looking for a midtown location, the location of the hotel is good. One can easily access Fifth Ave, Central Park, and various museums. Compared to other hotels where we have stayed, the Lombardy Hotel does not offer much in terms of common spaces. Our accommodations were adequate. We appreciated having a very large room with a king-sized bed, however, the bed linens and the pillows were of poor quality. In lieu of quilted comforters or down duvets, the hotel uses simple sheets with blankets for the bed. In addition to our bedroom and bathroom, we also had two spacious closets, a safe, a separate kitchenette, and free WiFi. The ensuite bathroom was small and we particularly did not like the shower fixtures- they had separate valves for the hot and cold water and every morning we scalded ourselves at least once trying to manage the water temperature. We tried taking a bath, but when we turned on the hot and cold valves for the bathtub, brown dirty water spewed from the faucet. Initially, I thought this would pass, but every time we tried filling the bathtub, brown dirty water accumulated. Breakfast was included in our room rate, however, it was very limited, and often the hotel ran out of common condiments such as ketchup, cream, juice, and butter. I remember the first morning we had breakfast, I thought it was so strange seeing several guests bringing their own food to breakfast. However, after our second morning of dissatisfaction, I understood why guests choose to bring their own food for breakfast. After our second morning, we simply chose not to return. We began our mornings at Starbucks with coffee and bagels with cream cheese. Additionally, the entire staff in the main lobby (the reception, concierge, and doormen) were oddly unfriendly and unhelpful. That being said, the housekeeping staff was exceptionally attentive and kind. If you are only looking for a place to sleep by all means book this hotel. However, if you are looking for a more upscale hotel with luxurious bed linens and pillows, a shower that functions well and does not burn you every morning, a bathtub you can actually bathe in, and a staff that welcomes and appreciates you as a guest, I advise you to go somewhere else.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank DharmaDude007
Abeer S, Asst. Director of Front Office Operations at The Lombardy, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2018

Dear DharmaDude007,

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased that you enjoyed the convenience of the location as well as the comfort and spaciousness of the guest room. We are disappointed that your stay was less than stellar and we apologize for all the short comings you experienced with regards to the quality of linens, water color and breakfast selection. Please note this in no way the level of service we provide at the Lombardy. All of your issues will be addressed with the respective staff members to ensure things like this never happen again. Please feel free to contact the hotel and ask for the Manager on Duty. We would love the opportunity to address your concerns directly. We hope this one time incident does not deter you from a future visit and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

We stayed for three nights whilst visiting the US.

Our room was almost three times the size of the others we stayed in during our trip. It was a little dated and probably could have done with decorating but we were prepared to forgive it this because of its size!

Breakfast is served in the American Cut restaurant linked to the hotel, it was okay but the ran out of things, yoghurt one day and brown bread the next.

Great location, friendly attentive staff and huge rooms.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Abeer S, Asst. Director of Front Office Operations at The Lombardy, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding a recent visit to The Lombardy Hotel. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the spaciousness of our guest rooms, the convenience of the location and the service received from our team. We will pass your comments regarding breakfast selection and quantity to the restaurant management team for improvement. We hope to welcome you back if your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 22 April 2018

At the beginning of my stay, I was upgraded to a suite that looked like the decor was from the 1970s. I politely requested another room and the staff was very accommodating and helpful. I did not end up changing rooms due to timing as I was there on business.
However I found a large cockroach in my room on Sunday morning, requested maintenance to take care of it which they did by killing it in the room. The hotel management gave me 1/2 a night off a 3 night stay. I am astonished that at such a reputable hotel, this is their concern for their guests.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
4  Thank Ekta G
Abeer S, Asst. Director of Front Office Operations at The Lombardy, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2018

Dear Ekta,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding a recent visit. We are disappointed to hear that you encountered an issue in your room. We thank you for reporting the issue to management as we were able to take care of the problem and provide you with a discount on your room accommodation. We work with a reputable pest company to ensure our rooms are inspected and treated consistently to avoid such issues. We apologize for this one time incident and hope that you choose to return and give us another try.

Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

We ´ve spent a great week in NYC. Hotel very well located and convenient for all connexions by metro and bus and feet. The appartement was very confortable for our family of 5. Definitely will recommend.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank mvangelist
Abeer S, Asst. Director of Front Office Operations at The Lombardy, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2018

Dear Mvangelist,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding your recent visit. We appreciate the 5 rating and the wonderful comments. We are pleased that you enjoyed the convenience of our location and the spaciousness and comfort of the room. We look forward to welcoming you back if your travels bring you to our area.

Reviewed 9 April 2018

I stayed at the Lombardy recently, as I was in NYC for business meetings in midtown. On arrival, I was blown away by how excellent every aspect of the property was - the room was a full suite, much more spacious than NYC hotels I've stayed at, newly renovated, with a fully stocked kitchen and big closet. Someone else booked the reservation for me, so I didn't have any expectations of what the hotel would be like, but I was aware of the rate. The staff were all very friendly and helpful, The Cut restaurant was great for breakfast and a good place for a drink at the end of the day. The location is fantastic for accessing midtown and Central Park. I'm now hooked and wouldn't stay anywhere else during upcoming stays in NYC.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
9  Thank farrallfs
Abeer S, Asst. Director of Front Office Operations at The Lombardy, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Dear Farrallfs,

Thank you for the 5 star rating we certainly appreciate your wonderful comments regarding your recent visit to our beautiful hotel. We are pleased to have not only met your expectations but to have exceeded them. We are thrilled you enjoyed the spaciousness of our guest rooms, with kitchen and spacious closet space, the service received from our amazing team and the convenience of the location. We are glad that you were able to enjoy a cocktail at American Cut and take in the beautiful ambiance it has to offer. We cant wait to welcome you back for a future visit.