Just checked out of the hotel this morning and back in DC. First of all let me start off by saying that this is a Great Place and would I stay hear again...you bet. The hotel staff was very friendly from the moment we walked in from the time we exited the taxi and checked out and back into the taxi. The Concierge (Andrew I think his name was) was extremely helpful and provided great input that helped our visit. The location was great just down the street from central park with a great price (comparatively speaking to other higher class hotels in the area that is). The room was very nice and roomy much bigger and nicer than I expected and the shower was awesome. The only reason this hotel didn't get a 5 was the poor extremely poor service at the bar. The bartender was not very friendly which was okay everybody has their bad days. However, the waitress was absolutely horrible when we sat at one of the bar tables. Not only was she not friendly not once did she come over to see if we needed anything. In fact, we had to pull other employees over to order our appetizers and our drinks throughout the night (not once did she help us literally). Considering their were only two of us and our bill was just shy of 200 bills this is unacceptable (especially considering we only ordered appetizers and martinis). We did go up to the roof top bar and met the waitress working up there and she was absolutely awesome (I don't remember her name but she lives in Brooklyn). As I stated before everything else was fantastic and we will stay their again and soon. However, if this happens again we will not stay there again because there are too many other higher end places that don't miss a beat in any area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The #1 hotel in New York City as voted by the readers of Conde Nast Traveler and Travel + Leisure, The Surrey is a discreet escape on Manhattan's Upper East Side Steps from Central Park, world-class museums, and Madison Avenue shopping, the hotel features Cornelia Spa and Daniel Boulud's Michelin-starred Café Boulud. It is New York City's only Relais & Châteaux hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Surrey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Surrey Hotel New York City
- Surrey Hotel New York City
- Surrey Suite Hotel
- Surrey New York City