Soho Grand Hotel
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$ 185
US$ 157
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$ 240
US$ 138
US$ 294
US$ 216
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$ 291
US$ 223
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Hilton Garden Inn Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$ 191
US$ 155
  • Bar/Lounge
US$ 393
US$ 360
  • Room Service
Avalon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$ 264
US$ 243
  • Fitness centre
US$ 471
US$ 397
  • Room Service
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$ 266
US$ 115
  • Breakfast included
3,157 results
All reviewsgrand bargreat locationwest broadwaynew yorkcanal streetclub roomroom servicelounge arearooms are smallgreenwich villagecorner roomlower manhattanmini barcoffee machinethe empire state buildingnycconcierge
Reviewed 15 April 2012

We have been staying at this hotel off and on over the last 12 years, and really like it. We just returned from another enjoyable visit.

It's best features are a great location (right in the heart of our favorite New York neighborhoods, nice and far from the midtown tourist traps, and close to several Subway lines); comfortable, clean rooms (in twelve years I can't remember experiencing a dirty room); comfortable beds and linens; and some of the best people watching in the city. The biggest downside is that there really isn't a public gathering area (like a traditional lobby), and the New York size hotel rooms don't allow for very many people to congregate in the rooms.

We don't eat at the hotel, because there are too many good restaurants to waste time at the hotel restaurant. Their food is fine, but I've often felt rushed by the staff (there aren't that many tables) - it's much more enjoyable to go out into the neighborhood and take your time. If you have an iPhone or iPod, download a white noise App. Even on the higher floors, you can hear the noise from the street level. We just put our phones in the iPod player in the room and drown it out with the white noise of our choice. I'm not sure why the Grand doesn't provide white noise machines - I think that's a nice touch in an NYC hotel - but our iPhones do the trick.

A few notes on some of the other reviews: All New York City hotel rooms are small, and I don't think the Grand's rooms are smaller than others I've stayed in. (I can honestly say I've stayed in much smaller rooms in NYC). I've hit a few rude staff members over the years, but for the most part they are friendly, and some of them are very friendly.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 April 2012

I was here last year during August (2011), and only stayed one night. I got a room that was ok, but nothing spectacular.

The service varied a lot. Some of the staff were very nice, but some didn't even smiled at you once - I found this weird, because I was used to smiling and friendly people all over NYC.

At the time I was there, it seemed like it was a very busy period @ the hotel, and I felt like the staff focused on doing things as fast as possible rather than doing it as good as possible. I would not go back for my next visit to NYC.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Ye Elisabeth G
Reviewed 10 April 2012

The Soho grand is in a great location for Soho shopping.

I found the staff on the front desk and the concierge to be extremely helpful in all requests I had relating to some work stuff.

The room was quite small and really quite noisy as the hotel's located near to quite a big junction so not ideal.

Bed comfy but quite high, really not a lot of space to unpack etc which can make work travel a bit stressful.

The bar was nice and cocktails good!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 April 2012

Always a great experience to be back at this hotel, this place never disappointed me.
Detail oriented, well organized, friendly, elegant, relaxed . . . . you might have noticed by now, I really like that place!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Have just returned after a 4 night stay at the Soho Grand. It is quite unusual and you will either love it or find it annoying. It is very hip - with the staff usually young and trendy - but very helpful. They sorted out our problem with only two rooms booked for 7 of us! A mix-up between them and Trailfinders - who we had booked through. Barbara - a lovely lady was so good and kept everyone calm and sorted it all out, got us our rooms and paid for our snacks and drinks we had while waiting for everything to be sorted out. It is VERY expensive - especially anything from the mini-bar = 1 x small bottle of water was $5 !! We found a shop just over the road and bought water and tinned drinks there. Breakfast was a busy time and you could be left waiting for things to arrive for 10 + mins - so your pot of tea often arrived after you had finished eating. The food was lovely = our room - which was a suite on 16th floor was outstanding. The lifts took a bit of getting used to - you could only go up in the lift to as far as your room floor number - i.e. We could stop at any floor - as our room was on the 16th floor - but other family members on 9th, 10th and 12th floors could not get up to our floor. The decor is fun and wacky but the lighting is very dark and could be a little oppressive - the curtains were closed all day and night in the lounge area and the lighting changed accordingly.
All in all we really enjoyed our stay - yes the traffic noise is present - particularly the use of car horns - and the air conditioning was quite loud - but effective - and you could always turn it off. I would certainly return there and it's location is perfect for sightseeing.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family