Sanctuary Hotel New York
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$ 204
US$ 159
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$ 206
US$ 178
  • Room Service
Avalon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$ 291
  • Breakfast included
US$ 189
US$ 159
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$ 307
US$ 262
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
US$ 369
US$ 306
  • Room Service
Hilton Garden Inn Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$ 178
US$ 145
  • Bar/Lounge
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$ 115
  • Breakfast included
4,224 results
All reviewsrooftop barhaven rooftoptimes squarenew yorkcontinental breakfastrooms are smallbagelsdoor staffcupcakesour honeymoonbrick wallperfect locationconcierge servicerockefeller centerfantastic hotelbig applearound the corner
Reviewed 3 May 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Sanctuary for 5 nights at the end of April to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary based on all the positive reviews on Trip Advisor.

Booked through a travel agent who had it 'new' on their books this year, I emailed Mr Jeremy Poon the Sanctuary Manager to plan some trips when we were there and he offered to upgrade our room free of charge in recognition of our anniversary, before we travelled we exchanged a few more emails all which were answered promptly.

From the moment we arrived the staff couldn't do enough for us from the Manager taking personal interest in our stay and going out of his way to catch up with us whenever he could, the STAR Managers Jacob and Brandon were exceptional in meeting all our requests and the bartenders Rudy and Patty making us feel welcome and ensuring that our glasses never ran dry.

The high point of our trip - besides NYC - was when the Manager Mr Poon upgraded our room to the hotels only Suite (or Sweet) room 901-2 for 4 out of our 5 night stay. What can I say, it was at the front of the hotel on the 9th floor made of two rooms with sliding partition doors separating the large bedroom from the large lounge area, both rooms had flat screen TVs and two separate toilets, a walk in rain shower in the bedroom and in the lounge a Bose surround sound system with multi CD changer and Blu Ray player.

The bed was one of the most comfortable I've ever slept in and every afternoon when we got back in the bed was turned down and there was a card left for us telling us what the weather was going to be the next day - a lovely touch.

All in all the holiday was made by the quality of service given by the hotel, if I had one regret it was that we missed the opening of the roof top bar by 2 days - in New York any outdoor space is a premium and this will be a big draw for the hotel.

Would we go back? - Yes

Would we recommend it? - Yes

What was the best part? - The helpful and professional staff

Who would I single out for a mention? - Rudy and Brandon, both worthy of the name STARs

Room Tip: Check before you go if an upgrade is available.
2  Thank Newbie57B
JeremyPoon, General Manager at Sanctuary Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2012

Thank you for sharing such a fantastic review about us on tripadvisor.

Knowing that you and your wife had such a wonderful experience is the biggest compliment that we can receive. I was happy to have the opportunity to meet with the both of you and truly appreciate the feedback that you gave our team.

Brandon and Jacob will be delighted to read your comments in regards to the service that they provide.

We hope to see your return soon so that you can experience "Haven" our rooftop lounge at the Sanctuary during your next visit.

Reviewed 3 May 2012

We stayed two nights here, and it was great, Perfect, perfect Time Square location, great service, they even have door men... The bar tender Rudy, added the finishing touches to our NY experience, We would now call him our friend from brooklyn! The true boutique Hotel experience.. Rob Popham

Room Tip: The rooms are on the smaller side, ( but it is NYC) But perfect perfect size for a couple in love... It has all you need .... :) By all means get the king bed room.
1  Thank Rob P
JeremyPoon, General Manager at Sanctuary Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2012

Rudy will be excited to read about your comments!

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and we hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 30 April 2012

A friend and I stayed at this hotel for four nights this past month. Overall, the experience was good and I would stay at the hotel again.

The location of the hotel is excellent - about a block from Times Square and easy walking distance to other attractions, such as Rockefeller Centre, Central Park, and the Empire State Building. If you like walking, you can also walk to the Met or Museum of Natural History in about half an hour.

Our room had two double beds in it. I have to say the bed was one of the most comfortable I've slept in - even more so than my bed at home. The room itself was very nice...although the only window looked at a brick wall, so the room was pretty dark. It was on the small side, but we were okay with that. There was a big flatscreen t.v. The bathroom was also very nice, with a great rainfall shower. We were right next to the elevator and didn't have any problems with noise from it...however, on the first night there, we could hear the bass from the music playing downstairs and that was a little annoying.

The room also had some sort of air unit that was loud and kept on blowing cold air onto us. No matter how much we fiddled with the temperature control in the room we couldn't get it to stop.

The continental breakfast is not very good...the food selection is limited and the coffee was terrible. We only ate it our first morning there and then the rest of the trip ate elsewhere. Also, other than the breakfast, there is no food service at all at the hotel (unless you count the minibar in the rooms).

The one big problem with our stay came when I needed to get a cab downtown. I asked the doorman at the hotel to get me one and a few minutes later he directed me to a towncar. I didn't think much of it until I got downtown and asked how much the ride was...the driver asked me what the hotel told me it would be and I said they didn't tell me anything. The driver then told me that it would be $30. I was shocked because I knew it shouldn't be that much (especially since he'd managed to get lost going downtown)...but didn't have time to argue so just paid. My concern I was overcharged was vindicated when the ride back to the hotel in a taxi cost $12. I went to complain to the front desk about what happened earlier...but the employee seemed indifferent and my request to speak to a manager went unheeded.

Other than that problem, I'd recommend the hotel to anyone...but if the hotel arranges transportation, make sure you specify that you either want a yellow cab or, if you're getting a town car, make sure you know before getting in how much you'll be charged.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank WanderlustTO
JeremyPoon, General Manager at Sanctuary Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review about your time with us.

I'm happy that you enjoyed your overall stay, however I would like to apologize for the few challenges that you faced. Rest assured that we have already looked into the temperature control system and made the necessary adjustments.

Many reviewers have enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and I'm sorry that it did not fit your needs. We try and provide a variety of pastries, and beverage options, along with cereal and hard boiled eggs (which are always a hit). We appreciate the feedback and will always look into options of providing more.

In regards to your towncar transportation, I'd like to apologize if our staff member was not clear in providing the pricing for you. These fares are determined by the towncar services and not by the hotel. There are certain hours of the day, where our doorman know that hailing a taxi is a great challenge. Since taxi cabs can not be called upon request in NYC, one option is to hail one of the towncar services that might happen to have dropped off a guest to the hotel. Private car services are usually more in terms of pricing when compared to yellow taxi cabs.

However, I am truly sorry that this was not made clear to you and I will surely address my management team in terms of their response efforts.

We appreciate the fact that you would still recommend the Sanctuary Hotel, despite the few hiccups. Should your travels bring you back to NYC, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will personally make sure that your next experience will be wonderful.

Reviewed 30 April 2012

We stayed at the Sanctuary Hotel for 6 nights recently. This was our first trip to New York and one of the best holidays we have ever had. The hotel is beautiful, clean and in a fantastic location. The staff were attentive and so friendly. We spent each evening when we arrived back in the hotel bar with the most charming young man named Rudy. Perfection all round!!!

2  Thank highashes
JeremyPoon, General Manager at Sanctuary Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

I'm happy to know that you enjoyed your 6-night stay with us. Knowing that this experience with us is one of the best holidays you even had, motivates us to do even better.

We hope that you will think of the Sanctuary Hotel, the next time you plan a trip for the holidays.

Reviewed 30 April 2012

We just returned from a fantastic 3 night stay at the Sanctuary Hotel! I hadn't been to New York in quite some time, I traveled with my husband and our 8 year old son. We booked 2 rooms, 1 for us and 1 for another son and daughter in law meeting us from CT. We were all very happy with the room size and amenities! We were close to everything, walked mostly everywhere! The Sanctuary team of employees are the best! Everyone flocked to help at every moment! They were knowledgable with dining options/reservations, shows, shopping, directions, etc... Our 8 year old made a new best friend with Freddie one of the S.T.A.R. managers! Freddie gave us many ideas on "secret" points of interests to entertain Jonah. Jimmy the concierge was definitely helpful with hooking us in to the Sanctuary...he answered many phone calls from my husband who had many questions and Jimmy was always pleasant and helpful! We loved the atmosphere of the building, it kept us relaxed at the times we had to rest. The breakfast was a perfect way to start the day! Can't Thank you enough, we'll be back!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Michele K
JeremyPoon, General Manager at Sanctuary Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2012

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with us.

We are happy to hear that your entire family enjoyed your time with us and especially with your your son Jonah having a connection with Freddie.

Our S.T.A.R. team really focuses on providing everyone with a unique stay and an experience that is unforgettable.

Jimmy will also be pleased to read about your comments.

We hope to have you all back soon.

Warm Regards,