“Perfect location” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #278 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Orange Beach, Alabama
“Perfect location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2012

You just can't get a better location in Times Square. Staff were very nice and made sure we had a better room close to the top! Very clean and comfortable. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (909)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cary, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2012

I have a friend traveling to NYC for a special birthday so I called the concierge to try and get some ideas of how to make her arrival special. I was thinking champagne, strawberries, flowers, etc but wanted to see what offerings they have. The concierge (a male) was rude, dismissive and arrogant. He had absolutely ZERO interest in assisting me and I felt like I was bothering him. What a shame because I was trying to give the hotel revenue! I decided to go outside the hotel and order through a company that was helpful and gave great ideas. I feel confidant the items will make it to the Millennium and my friend will have a great birthday arrival. My only fear is that when it gets delivered it will go to the concierge desk and all bets will be off whether it makes it to the right room or not! Oh, for the record I paid $300 and tipped 20%. Out of the Millennium's pocket and in to anothers! Remember, people make a proerty not the rooms and I will NEVER darken their doorstep after being treated so rudely!!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank misskay6367
josephturano, General Manager at Millennium Broadway New York Times Square, responded to this review, 17 October 2016
I am so sorry to hear about your experience at our hotel. It is only with your feedback that we can improve. For future stays at the Millennium Broadway, please do not hesitate to reach out to me at joseph.turano@mill-usa.com and I will personally ensure your accommodation needs are exceeded.

Regards,
Joseph
Glasgow
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2012

I visited the Millennium Broadway Hotel on the 1st May 2012 and was enormously disappointed with the service that I received. Upon my arrival the check-in staff were rude and extremely unhelpful. Furthermore, having paid extra money to stay in a Premier room, I was allocated a room on the 28th floor which had a poor view of Times Square. The room was supposed to be non-smoking, however, upon exiting the elevator onto the 28th floor, the whole level and my room reeked of stale smoke which was extremely strong, I was required to wash all of my belongings upon my return. The room was reasonably adequate. However, it could have been better cleaned. The mirrors and windows were stained and the floor was littered with clothing tags from the rooms previous inhabitants. The television in the room did not work and after telling check-in staff about this I was informed that an engineer would go up to the room to fix it. This never happened and resulted in me having to enquire again, a day later, about getting the television repaired. This eventually did happen.

The worst thing about the Millennium Broadway were the staff who were arrogant, obnoxious and generally had a bad attitude. Also, it was a rarity when the hotel's public toilets in the main foyer were open. Having heard that all NY hotels are supposed to provide access to restroom facilities, I believed that by perhaps closing the restrooms that the hotel reduced the number of people walking through the building. This was a great inconvenience to those staying in the hotel.

Although the hotel was in a great location, the horrible customer service from the check-in staff, bellhops and restaurant staff put a dampener on my stay in New York. For the price that I paid, I would NOT recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family

Regards,
Joseph
Buderim
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2012

We stayed in the part of the hotel strangely called the Premier Hotel. Premier it was not...A reasonable place to stay very close to Times Square with staff that were mostly unhelpful and more often than not were nowhere to be found. Trying to catch a cab in 44th Street was imposssible (although that is common in NY) and you end up paying premium for a town car. The room was acceptable, quiet although not shielded from the bright lights of neaby Times Square awnings. Given that a buffet breakfast was included in this "sale" price, it was quite reasonable. It would certainly not be worth paying the usual rate charged for hotels in this area.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Dundee, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2012 via mobile

The Millenium Hotel, Broadway is just off Times Square and in an ideal location for anyone wanting to experience the hustle and bustle of midtown Manhattan. This was a family holiday and on arrival at 2pm we were allocated 2 rooms, one on the 45th floor and one on the 21st floor. We went up to the 45th floor room first. This was a lovely bright room with a view over part of Times Square and Manhattan. When we went down to our room on the 21st floor we were immediately disappointed as it was dark and tired looking and had a stale smell. We immediately phoned reception and said we wanted another room. They said the hotel was full but if we came back to reception at 4pm they would see what they could do. We asked if we could shower in the room having just come off of an international flight but were told we could not use any of the room facilities if we were not going to stay there. We were a bit annoyed by this but decided we were not happy to stay there and so told them we would wait until 4pm. We were eventually given a room on the 44th floor which was much better and had a lovely view of the Crysler Building. The hotel overall is nice, it has the potential to be amazing but needs some money spent on a refurbishment to brighten it up and replace tired carpets etc. that being said it was clean, comfortable and very quiet and in terms of location you can't get much better. We would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed April 2012