“Good smooth experience: a smart hotel with none of the tacky nightclub lighting of the "new" Meridiens”

Le Parker Meridien New York
Ranked #257 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Paris, France
Reviewed 12 July 2012

The Parker is a good, classy hotel. Attractive building, smart and well-kept rooms, that has somehow managed to avoid the reverse facelift and smudgy purple-blue lighting of so many Meridiens that now look like seedy small-town nightclubs.

Service is OK - not stellar, but adequate for New York.

The bar is very nice.

Room Tip: Try to get a Park view room.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank ggypsy5
ParkerGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Le Parker Meridien New York, responded to this review, 19 August 2012
Dear ggypsy5,

Thanks for the visit! We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Director of Guest Relations
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,226)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 12 July 2012

I spent 14 nights here first time. Perfect location and wonderful Central Park view.
In those 2 weeks I had a very pleasant experience to deal with the two qualified and thoughtful member of your staff. Michael Roman and Edwin (no last name) from the Front Desk; both helped me so much providing me with all the information I needed. They are very knowledgeable and professional.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Dear vcornelia21,

Thank you for your kind words about Edwin and Michael. I'm so glad that you found them to be as helpful and thoughful as we do. I will make sure to pass your comments along to them. Please come back soon!

Caracas
Reviewed 12 July 2012

This hotel is at two blocks for central park and some blocks to Times Square, so it´s the besto option to stay. The rooms are very confortable (big), the bathroom is a little small, but is find, is very clean everything. The people from front desk it´s very kind, also de concierge. And these hotel has the best burgers in New York at the lobby, the space is small and most of times you have to make a line that goes fast. I´ve been in many hotels in these city and It´s the best option to stay at New York Le Parker Meridien

Room Tip: If you can, choose a high floor
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Vanessa B,

Thank you for the amazing review! Please visit us again soon!

Reviewed 12 July 2012 via mobile

We loved staying at this hotel. The staff was really nice, volunteering advice and help, letting us check in at 11:30 AM, keeping our bags after checkout, and cheerfully adjusting erroneous mini bar charges after the kids rearranged things in there. We felt we got a great deal, especially since we squeezed 6 people into a junior suite and paid $375 for the Family Fun Package. We had 4 kids and two adults. Since the kids are a bit silly, they wanted to sleep in the nooks and crannies of the room, so there was lots of space in the two beds. With the package we got to use the pool for free, which was a perfect way for the kids to relax and play and recharge their happiness levels after walking around the city. With the package we also got two free salon visits, which we gave to the tween girls, and which they thoroughly enjoyed. The salon was really cool. The bar was pretty too, though the service was slow. There was a recommended hamburger restaurant that we didn't get to try because there were so many easy food options nearby.

This hotel was convenient to Central Park, FAO Schwartz, Broadway, Times Square, subway stops, and the famous Carnegie Deli. These Tennessee kids never did get totally exhausted by the big city, thanks to this perfect hotel.

• Stayed July 2012
Dear Diteeandstu,

I'm so glad that your family was able to enjoy everything we offer at Le Parker Meridien. The Family Package is a very good deal. We offer several other packages such as one that includes breakfast and a late check-out if you choose to return for a relaxing weekend with your significant other. Keep your eyes open for new offers to take advantage of for your next visit!

London
Reviewed 12 July 2012 via mobile

I was looking forward to staying here based on the photos and reviews, and went out of my way to get a night here (I was suggested somewhere else by my company). Great location and spacious rooms. But I found the service to be very slow (i asked for some items from housekeeping and ended up having to go down and get it myself!). They do not provide basic amenities (toothbrushes, razors) for free - when you call housekeeping they just connect you to their souvenir shop!
There is a rooftop pool and (supposedly) an excellent gym, but guests need to pay for access, which i thought was stingy and it defeated the purpose of my move to this hotel (this was not mentioned on their site). I checked out the pool but it looked much smaller than expected and it was full of kids so I didn't bother in the end (the pool was one of the reasons I picked the hotel!!)
The killer moment for me was when I was getting ready to go to bed, having been up for nearly 24 hours after my travels. I was about to take a shower and saw hairs in the tub! I called the front desk to complain and they said they would send someone up to help me move within 5 mins - but I ended up waiting or ages and having to call them repeatedly (v frustrating when you're exhausted). In the end I was given a new key and did not even get help moving my stuff! To be fair the new room was much bigger but I still think this should never have happened in the first place. I can't believe I had to pay for this night after all the inconvenience. The hotel does not seem to care for its customers!

Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Dear Camel100,

Thank you for the review. I sincerely apologize your stay was so poor. It is very important to us that we repair the damage created by this impression. Please contact me to discuss the details of your concern further: guestrelations@parkermeridien.com.