“Excellent hotel with a great location and excellent service.”

Hampton Inn Manhattan-Times Square North
Ranked #162 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 5 May 2012

I wanted to take my wife to New York Ciry for our anniversary and stay in a nice yet affordable hotel in downtown. We couldn't have been more pleased. We had a great room with a nice view and were treated quite well by the staff. I definately recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 4 May 2012

This hotel is well located. It is an easy 5 minute walk to all the action on 7th Avenue near Times Square. We arrived very early , around 8 a.m., and were able to check our bags until we returned later in the day when our room was ready ( around 1 pm). The kind man at check-in invited us to have our breakfast even though we weren't even signed in yet!
When we returned at 1 pm, the room was ready for us. IT was on the 12th floor, which is the top floor. There was no noise . Huge room which was nicely decorated and modern style. All very clean.
Breakfast room was busy as most have reported, but we were able to get a table for 2 without a wait. I looked at the eggs and there was meat in them. The woman who services that area saw me look and asked me if there was something she could get for me. I replied that I was fine. I don't eat the meat , but there were plenty of other choices. She then asked me if I would like scrambled eggs, to which I replied that would be great. Within 4 minutes, she ran back to the kitchen and came out with a full plate of hot scrambled eggs! I was quite surprised and of course pleased. She told me she usually keeps some plain eggs back there for people who don't want them with meat. How is that for service?!
Another good feature at this hotel is that the breakfast is served on weekdays til 10 a.m.! We didn't have to rush down early in the morning , which is a good feeling when you are on vacation!
Having the big bowl of apples out all day in the lobby and the drinks available made for a nice return and rest after a full day of touring!
We very much enjoyed our stay in this very well run Hampton Inn!

Room Tip: We faced 8th Avenue but heard no street noise.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank spiritj
Reviewed 3 May 2012

This hotel is 5-10 minutes walk to Time Square and Central Park . The room was very clean and comfortable. The parking is right next door and is only 30$ per night for a car (40$ for SUV). We just left the car there and rolled our luggages in the lobby of the hotel. The people at the front desk and the concierge are professional. The included breakfast buffet was fairly good and not too crowded even if the hotel was full while we were there. They even changed part of the food they offered from one morning to the other. I really think this hotel is an excellent choice especially is you want to be near Time Square at a reasonnable price.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 May 2012

We stayed here on my daughters, grade school class trip, along with 100 others. It was the perfect hotel for us. The staff was so friendly and accomodating to us, especially considering that we had 60+ wild 11 year olds with us. The free breakfast was delicious and so convenient. The best thing about this hotel was the location. A short, 3-4 minute walk and I was right in the heart of Times Square. This hotel was clean and neat. I will definately stay here on my next trip to the Big Apple.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 May 2012

My daughter and I stayed at this Hampton Inn on Feb 13th and 14th of this year. She had tickets to see Live with Kelly and invited her mama to go along.... There are many hotels in the city for sure but I have never been dissappointed with a Hampton so that's what we decided on. Check in was a breeze and everyone was very friendly!! Our train was an early one so we arrived way before check-in. Since our room was ready they allowed us to go up early...that was very helpful... After several hours of shopping and site seeing we returned to the hotel to a wonderful treat of fresh baked cookies available at the front desk....We definitely took advantage of those...The beds were very, very, comfortable as were the down comforters! We had a great nights sleep but had to get up early to get to the studio...The fellow down stairs loaded us up in a taxi and helped us get on our way...
They have complimentary breakfast but we were not able to take advantage of that this time due to the early hour that we had to leave.
This was another wonderful stay at another wonderful Hampton Inn that is centrally located in the middle of all the excitement of the city!!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family