We have just returned from NYC, stayed at The Hampton Inn North for 7 nights. On arrival the hotel receptionist greeted us with a smile and a welcome. She asked us which room we would like. We opted for the top floor on 8th Avenue. The room was very spacious, huge bed and lovely and clean. Bathroom was really good, excellent hair-dryer. Cannot fault the room at all. Free safe in the room too. The bed was lovely and comfortable, slept well all week, even though you could hear the noise of the refuse collection lorries in the middle of the night, no problem really. Lots of emergency sirens also! I suppose its what you would expect in New York. Breakfast is included, we arrived early first morning around 7 am. A few people there but not busy. There is a sign outside the breakfast room stating how busy it can get and at what time, so you are in no doubt about it. Breakfast is quite good, with choice of cereal, fruit juice, porridge, hot food, muffins, pastries, toast, waffles etc..Free tea, coffee & hot chocolate 24hrs in the lobby. The location of this hotel is great, just around the corner from Broadway & Times Square. We walked everywhere as it was so much easier and quicker than buses and tubes, although we took the tube to the Staten Island Ferry, which is free.
The hotel provided us with a map of the city which was a great help, much better than the small maps in our guide books, and not at all bulky or heavy. I would definitely return to this hotel. Thank you Hampton Inn, for a memorable 1st time visit to NYC.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Best Times Square location with COMPLIMENTARY amenities including daily hot breakfast, Internet, fitness center, business center & more! Hampton Inn® Manhattan Times Square North is a newly renovated, contemporary hotel with ideal Times Square location that is steps from Broadway theaters, Central Park, Rockefeller Center, Radio City Music Hall, TKTS discount theater ticket booth, The Museum of Modern Art, Carnegie Hall and Restaurant Row. Located on Eighth Avenue at 51st Street in the heart of Times Square, the hotel is surrounded by many restaurants, lively nightlife, shopping and New York City’s best sightseeing. The hotel is close to all major subway lines, a few blocks from Jacob Javits Convention Center and Port Authority Bus Terminal plus is convenient to all (3) area airports.The hotel features 300 oversized, modern guestrooms each equipped with 32-inch LCD flat panel television, lap desk, large work desk with ergonomic chair and Cloud Nine, the Hampton Bed Experience. COMPLIMENTARY, HOT BREAKFAST is offered daily to each guest plus On the Run Breakfast Bags™ are available from the front desk Monday through Friday, for guests who are “on-the-go.” Additional complimentary amenities include high-speed lobby and guestroom Internet access, 24-hour Business Center, 24-hour Fitness Center, coffee and tea in the lobby 24 hours per day, local telephone calls from guestroom and complimentary USA Today® (Monday through Friday). Hampton Inn® Manhattan Times Square North also has a gift shop and full-service Concierge/Theater Ticket Desk onsite. The hotel is 100% non-smoking. Valet parking is available. The hotel allows service pets. 24-hour Security onsite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct and Agoda so you can book your Hampton Inn Manhattan-Times Square North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Hampton Inn Times Square North Hotel New York City
- Hampton Inn Manhattan
- Hampton Inn New York City
- Hampton Inn Times Square North
- New York City Hampton Inn