The world known hotel chains, the one in Times Square NY is not much I liked.
First, location ,location, location, that's why I did NOT like. There are many other hotels in other areas that easy to access, because of in the middle of Times Square, too crowded for blocks away in the morning to the late night, nothing is wrong with tourists but I hoped stay away from this area (the company booked this hotel, it was not my decision).
Second, too big anyway, even go to front desk, you need to go up from the street level, and then walk to guest room elevator, and elevator does not have security, meaning anybody can access to guest room levels, just complicated with weak security for $270/night hotel, don't you think ?
Third, attitude, management, I wanted to print my boarding pass for my flight on next day, so that I called to "guest assistance", I asked how can I print my boarding pass ? The operator hold my phone without saying anything and transferred to someone, and then same thing, and then the person #3 said I need to go the business center to do that, and she said I have to pay for using the BC ! I'm not staying at one of popular hotel for business people, and that's all you can do ? Again, this is not a cheap hotel, okay ? I complained for it, and this lady did transfer to the manager named Mr. Ibanez. Fortunately, this person did right thing finally, he asked me to send an email to him with the boarding pass in pdf, I did so and approximately 30 minutes later, one of employee delivered a hard copy of my boarding pass to my room :)
Finally, the room was not bad but nothing special except very nice Manhattan view from 29th floor, my room was typical Crown Plaza without refrigerator in the hot summer in NY, a nice big bed but I don't like this high bed flame, is that necessary this much high ?
Anyway, I will definitely NOT come back this hotel, there are some cheaper and better hotels in Manhattan.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Times Square, always New York's most exciting scene, seems all new now that the Crowne Plaza Times Square has reinvented itself. Come check out our $85 million re-invention, and see for yourself how modern design can provide a whole new kind of comfort. Enjoy one of our 795 well-appointed guest rooms outfitted with fresh contemporary accents and plush Sleep Advantage beds. Every room offers breathtaking views of Times Square, the famous Manhattan skyline or the Hudson River, unique among hotels in Times Square. Relax in our sleek lobby lounge, or have an evening cocktail in Broadway 49 Bar. Delight in a new spin on New American Eclectic cuisine at Brasserie 1605, one of the most exciting Times Square restaurants. With options like these, it's no wonder that New York seems so new. If you ve come for a meeting, you ll benefit from the new tech-friendly environment. If you re here for an event, you ll revel in the open space and atmospheric lighting, and when you walk through our front door, you step onto Broadway dazzling lights, world-class entertainment and urban energy. That's how Crowne Plaza Times Square is keeping New York new for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Agoda, Ctrip TA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan Hotel New York City
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Manhattan
- Crowne Plaza New York City