“Pricey but a must stay in times square”

Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan
Ranked #198 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 24 June 2012

beautifully decorated rooms we had a room that was curved and it was all windows around half of the room a beautiful view if the skyline the restaurant has a delicious breakfast menu and their dinner isn't far behind right on times square my fiancé loved it and I did as well

• Stayed: November 2011
Management response:Responded 26 June 2012

Thank you for the five star review! We will let Chef Chris know that Brasserie 1605 was a hit with you. Please visit again soon.

Reviewed 24 June 2012

This is a very nice location right in the center of times square. But the room has none of the things that you can usually take for granted in a hotel at this price point. The staff is pleasant.I found the bell desk weird though - they want their gratuity (nothing wrong with it) but they want it now and any delay causes them to get surlier and sulkier. Visibly so. In our case we checked out and wanted to keep things in storage for a couple of hours before we left. The person who took our bags told us, in so many words, that he wont be around when we return and that we should tip him there and then. We said that we will do that when we return. He sulked. On returning, we found him still there still sulking away.With such attitude I resented paying gratuity but I paid anyway.

That said it is a decent place.

Room Tip: Mid floor rooms have a good view of times square
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 28 June 2012

Thank you for your candid review and please accept my apology for the service issue you reported. This type of behavior is completely unacceptable. I will be sure to refresh our team members on our service guidelines. Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention.

I do hope you will visit again. If I can be of assistance in booking a future stay, please feel free to contact me directly.

General Manger

Reviewed 23 June 2012

My 2 teenage nieces and I loved staying right in Times Square at the Crowne Plaza hotel for a Mon. thru Fri. trip. It was clean, secure, quiet and our corner room was large with 2 double beds for the 3 of us. Bathroom was good size and clean. We had a huge window in our room on the 27th floor and could see out to the Hudson river! Staff were friendly and helpful. We got cabs there right away when we needed them or information on the subway. For me, safety was important and we felt very comfortable there. We would definitely stay at the Crowne Plaza again even though it cost a bit more than some other options in the area.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 28 June 2012

Thank you for the great review! We are so pleased you felt safe and comfortable in our hotel. I am very proud of the team for making your family vacation a pleasant one. We hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 23 June 2012

The un-doubtful advantage of this hotel is it's perfect location in the middle of Broadway and minutes from all major city attractions. I booked a room with Times Square view but was moved into upgraded corner room facing backyard. Didn't really care about it much , as the room was fine and friendly service. Hotel is nice and modern, rooms spacious and have all necessities. I only observed two downsides during my stay. First are elevators. In some strange way right side goes only to some rooms, while the left to completely different. Then it takes sometimes 5-10 minutes wait time to get an elevator which is ridiculous. Second problem is the staff at breakfast restaurant. Old, lazy, rude and arrogant to guests, specially the old woman at counter shouting at guests and her staff. I had the b&b package, came to the counter and was ignored for good 5 min. as she had to shout at her staff, then questioned 20 times about my room number, had to show almost my passport to get through. Finally when I got seated it takes ages to get a cup of coffee or something to drink, so breakfast is the option I'm going def. to skip on the next stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 28 June 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so pleased you enjoyed your room and found our location ideal for your needs. We take guest comments very seriously and I would like to apologize for the service you received in Brasserie 1605. This is unacceptable and will be addressed. Thank you for bringing the matter to my attention.

If you would like to visit us in Times Square again, please contact me directly and I will be happy to assist with a reservation.

Hotel Manager

Reviewed 23 June 2012

First room we found a pin on the floor, then after further exploration we discovered food, paper and a sock insert in the room. Security came and quickly removed the pin as evidence and advised management would come to see us. Which they never did. Travon on the front desk was lovely and did his best to find us a clean room which as two further room changes still hadn't happened. I asked to be escalated and was given Suzan/ Suzannah who has been rude, left us waiting an hour, and took me to view the 4th room we could may possibly find clean and suitable. I just walked in the door and a small plastic washer type ring greeted me on the floor! Perfect for my 11 month old to swallow. Upon further inspecting a huge lump of lint with long black hair was on the floor just under the skirt of the bed! She claims she inspected the room on her hands and knees herself! What a joke. This is our second stay, we had come here on our honeymoon and loved it. This time it's just disgusting. If you are traveling as a family with small children go somewhere else. It's not acceptable that even our 4th room is not beautifully cleaned. The sad thing is we have 7 more nights to stay in this feral hotel! NEVER EVER AGAIN!

• Stayed: June 2012