“Surpassed my expectations!”

Ranked #193 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Roseville, California
“Surpassed my expectations!”
Reviewed 22 March 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Crowne Plaza Times Square for a long needed vacation without the kids and in celebration of our 13th wedding anniversary. I had called the day before to confirm the reservation and to let them know we were celebrating our anniversary. We took a cross country red-eye flight and arrived at about 8:30 a.m. We checked our bags with the porter downstairs. Upon checking in at the front desk, I was helped by a wonderfully friendly front desk attendant named Erika Navedo. She prepared the paperwork for us to check in (which we were several hours early for) and told us that she would call my cell phone when the room was ready.

Erika was so kind! She asked questions about our kids, where we were from, etc. Seeing that we were celebrating, she offered us a courtesy upgrade since the hotel was not booked up at the time. She also made my wife and I feel like we were her only concern! Her customer service was nothing short of fantastic!

When our room was ready, we were so pleasantly surprised…The room was AWESOME! It was a corner room partially overlooking Times Square and partially overlooking the river. It was spacious, well appointed, and comfortable. The bathroom was very nice and modern. In short, the room could not have been more perfect!

The only issue we had with the room, and it was VERY minor, was the Wifi signal was not very strong because we were at the end of the hallway. Personally, I would not have traded the room for better Wifi. I just make a note of that because if you must have a strong Wifi signal, you might want to avoid rooms at the end of a hallway. Again, I had no real problem with that.

As for the hotel, it was very nice, clean and easy to navigate. Getting from the street through the lobby and up to the rooms was quick and easy. The hotel is nicely situated toward one end of Times Square with excellent access to all of the shopping and stores. Without any hesitation, I would recommend this hotel for any traveler who wants to stay in Times Square. The location is just a short block around the corner from the 49th Street subway station making it ultra convenient to get all around town. All of the staff members we encountered were kind, friendly, and practically doted on us. It made the 4 days go by so fast…I am already planning another NYC trip and will stay at the Crowne Plaza again!

Room Tip: The Corner rooms are excellent!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,005)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
london
Reviewed 21 March 2012

stayed here for four nights, the hotel is in a fab location, just step outside and you are directly on TImes Square. ASk for a corner room overlooking square for the most amazing views ....
Breakfast was pretty good considering when i booked i did the breakfast for a dollar deal, good selection...
the bar is pretty reasonably priced and overlooks the hustle and bustle

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank ams2900
Hampshire, England
Reviewed 21 March 2012

I stayed here with my auntie during a short trip to New York. The hotel is right in the heart of Times Square and a few steps from where the tour buses leave, so you can't really go wrong! We stayed in a standard twin room, and although it was next door to the ice maker on our floor (very noisy) you couldn't hear anything from the room at all.

Check-in was smooth and quick. The room was clean with coffee/tea making facilities and good sized bathroom.

Only slight complaint is that I accidentally left three expensive skirts and a dress in the wardrobe, but the hotel made no effort to contact me about these. I sent an email but got no reply so I never did get to recover them. My fault for forgetting them though I guess!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Katy S
CPTimesSquare, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan, responded to this review, 2 April 2012
Thank you for your kind review. I am happy you enjoyed the accommodations and location. Please accept my apology that you did not get a reply to your email regarding the lost items. I do not know if the email was routed correctly and certainly apologize for the lack of communication. We have a lost and found department and I will check to see if we still have the items from June. I will send you a private message as an update.

Kind regards,
Gerry Hughes
Hotel Manager
Ruislip, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 March 2012

We booked this hotel based on tripadvisor reviews, we stayed for three nights in Dec 2011. We found it ideally located for all the major points of interest, especially if you intend to take in a Broadway Show. Our room had a double aspect view which looked out onto Times Square and the Empire State Building in the distance. The room was maintained to a good standard and had everything we needed for our short stay. Wouldn't have any hesitation on staying here again.

Room Tip: Rooms with "Times Square" view is a must.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank TjeJee
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 March 2012

My wife and I booked the Crowne Plaza based on it's location in Times Square and the fact we'd know what we'd get, which was a clean and accommodating hotel with all the required amenities. The staff were helpful and if you want to be in the centre of town you couldn't ask for better with a number of major attractions in walking distance. We'd stay here again if we were to stay in Mid-town again but we'll more than likely head Downtown next time as it's easier going with some great bars and restaurants.

Couple of suggestions:
Don't bother with breakfast as there are loads of eateries near by serving the quintessential American breakfast, like Moonstruck on Madison Avenue.
Don't pay extra for the Hudson River view as you can hardly see it due to other high rise buildings being in the way. Even if you could see it it wouldn't be a great view as it's a sprawling city scape and the Hudson is 6 or 7 blocks away.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank grantfriend
CPTimesSquare, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan, responded to this review, 21 March 2012
On behalf of your fellow travelers, thank you for taking the time to detail your recent stay with us. We are so pleased you found your stay enjoyable. We hope to see you in midtown NYC again soon!

Kind regards,