My wife and I stayed at the Crowne Plaza Times Square for a long needed vacation without the kids and in celebration of our 13th wedding anniversary. I had called the day before to confirm the reservation and to let them know we were celebrating our anniversary. We took a cross country red-eye flight and arrived at about 8:30 a.m. We checked our bags with the porter downstairs. Upon checking in at the front desk, I was helped by a wonderfully friendly front desk attendant named Erika Navedo. She prepared the paperwork for us to check in (which we were several hours early for) and told us that she would call my cell phone when the room was ready.
Erika was so kind! She asked questions about our kids, where we were from, etc. Seeing that we were celebrating, she offered us a courtesy upgrade since the hotel was not booked up at the time. She also made my wife and I feel like we were her only concern! Her customer service was nothing short of fantastic!
When our room was ready, we were so pleasantly surprised…The room was AWESOME! It was a corner room partially overlooking Times Square and partially overlooking the river. It was spacious, well appointed, and comfortable. The bathroom was very nice and modern. In short, the room could not have been more perfect!
The only issue we had with the room, and it was VERY minor, was the Wifi signal was not very strong because we were at the end of the hallway. Personally, I would not have traded the room for better Wifi. I just make a note of that because if you must have a strong Wifi signal, you might want to avoid rooms at the end of a hallway. Again, I had no real problem with that.
As for the hotel, it was very nice, clean and easy to navigate. Getting from the street through the lobby and up to the rooms was quick and easy. The hotel is nicely situated toward one end of Times Square with excellent access to all of the shopping and stores. Without any hesitation, I would recommend this hotel for any traveler who wants to stay in Times Square. The location is just a short block around the corner from the 49th Street subway station making it ultra convenient to get all around town. All of the staff members we encountered were kind, friendly, and practically doted on us. It made the 4 days go by so fast…I am already planning another NYC trip and will stay at the Crowne Plaza again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Times Square, always New York's most exciting scene, seems all new now that the Crowne Plaza Times Square has reinvented itself. Come check out our $85 million re-invention, and see for yourself how modern design can provide a whole new kind of comfort. Enjoy one of our 795 well-appointed guest rooms outfitted with fresh contemporary accents and plush Sleep Advantage beds. Every room offers breathtaking views of Times Square, the famous Manhattan skyline or the Hudson River, unique among hotels in Times Square. Relax in our sleek lobby lounge, or have an evening cocktail in Broadway 49 Bar. Delight in a new spin on New American Eclectic cuisine at Brasserie 1605, one of the most exciting Times Square restaurants. With options like these, it's no wonder that New York seems so new. If you ve come for a meeting, you ll benefit from the new tech-friendly environment. If you re here for an event, you ll revel in the open space and atmospheric lighting, and when you walk through our front door, you step onto Broadway dazzling lights, world-class entertainment and urban energy. That's how Crowne Plaza Times Square is keeping New York new for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, IHG, Ctrip TA, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan Hotel New York City
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Manhattan
- Crowne Plaza New York City