My wife and I are fairly well travelled and have just spent the last month travelling through Canda and US. We are currently staying at the Grand Hyatt New York and I can tell you it is by far the worst of all 15 hotels we have stayed. Some problems we have encounted,
1. Water pressure, there isn't any! And the hot water takes 5 minutes to get warm.
2. Cleaners don't clean and barely make the bed.
3. Room phone does not work at all!
4. The plug in the wash basin does not open or close. We had to hold it open with a bobb pin.
We booked three months ago so we could have a good experience in New York and we have been placed in a substantial room which is poorly designed. Eg: to watch a movie, (more on that below), only one person can relax on lounge, the other has to lie on the bed (room 1731)
After three days of our room not being cleaned properly (basic things like, replacing the soap and shampoo/conditioner, wiping down coffee table and cleaning sink as it won't drain properly which leaves soap and shaving scum), I approached the desk and nicely requested that the room be cleaned to a higher standard. I was basically flogged off and told they would fix? Didn't happen! Next day (today 12/6/12) I was looking for a bottle opener as we wanted to share a bottle of wine and watch a movie and I could not locate one? I then picked up the phone to request and the phone doesn't work? I then went down stairs to reception and spoke to one of the managers who told me they don't supply bottle openers however she would lend me one at NO CHARGE... As if she was doing me a favour (evidently there is a service charge to use a bottle opener). I thanked her and also told her about the phone, sink, water pressure, and the state of the room and was basically dismissed. After comming back to my room I opened a bottle of wine and sat back to watch a movie and you guessed it, it doesn't work!!! We are now waiting the the service man to come up to the room to have a look (after my wife went back downstairs to tell reception - due to the phone not working).
Service terrible, hotel terrible. It's a shame as it is in a great location (next door to grand central station)
I stay at many hotels through out AUS/NZ AND STH EAST ASIA and will certainly Not be recommending the Hyatt chain to colleagues and clients.
At $378 per night, expected more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Premier location in the heart of New York's famous midtown. Striking lobby with waterfalls, seating areas and three restaurants and lounges. Direct access to Grand Central Terminal and connected to the Chrysler Building. Steps from Times Square, Shopping and the Theatre District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Prestigia and Hyatt Hotels Corporation so you can book your Grand Hyatt New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt New York City
- Hyatt New York City
- Hyatt Hotel New York City
- Grand Hotel Hyatt New York
- Hotel Hyatt New York
- New York City Grand Hyatt Hotel
- Grand Hyatt Hotel New York
- New York Hyatt
- New York City Hyatt