I admit that I had reservations about choosing this hotel. We're used to small, very personal boutique hotels, and I had read the negative reviews on Trip Advisor. However, my husband and I were delighted with our stay at the Grand Hyatt. We experienced none of the problems reported by other reviewers.
From the moment we walked on, the staff couldn't have been friendlier or more helpful. We were advised to use the computers in the lobby to see if a room was available. (It wasn't even 11:00 a.m. yet, but they said rooms are often ready before the scheduled check-in time.) The on-line check-in process is amazing. If your room isn't ready yet, the system will e-mail you or text you when it is. It even prints out your room keys for you.
As it turned out, no queen room was available that early in the morning, so we checked our bags. Again, the service was quick, friendly and helpful.
We had booked a standard queen room at a little over $200/night, an amazing price in this expensive city. The room was clean, comfortable, beautifully appointed and quite spacious for New York, with room for the bed, a sort of corner divan and ottoman, two night tables and a long desk with a large flat-screen. The bathroom wasn't enormous but it certainly wasn't tiny; there was plenty of room to move around and it was well-equipped, with an excellent shower. Contrary to what some other reviewers have said, we had no problems with washing up in the sink and I loved having the long shelf over it with SO much space for toiletries. It seemed to me like a good use of space and contributed to the overall functionality of the bathroom.
We slept well in the cozy bed. We had a corner room on the 20th floor and it was exceptionally quiet During the day we thoroughly enjoyed the location of the hotel -- it was easy to walk everywhere and very easy to catch cabs from the line at the front entrance. When it was time to leave, checkout was again fast and easy. We stored our bags again (no line and friendly service) and picked them up before heading to the airport.
We have stayed in other much more luxurious and more expensive hotels in NYC but will return to this one for its combination of location, comfort, cleanliness, service and price. I would not hesitate to recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Premier location in the heart of New York's famous midtown. Striking lobby with waterfalls, seating areas and three restaurants and lounges. Direct access to Grand Central Terminal and connected to the Chrysler Building. Steps from Times Square, Shopping and the Theatre District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Booking.com, Prestigia and Agoda so you can book your Grand Hyatt New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt New York City
- Hyatt New York City
- Hyatt Hotel New York City
- Grand Hotel Hyatt New York
- Hotel Hyatt New York
- New York City Grand Hyatt Hotel
- Grand Hyatt Hotel New York
- New York Hyatt
- New York City Hyatt