“Fanstastic stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #35 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Singapore
“Fanstastic stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012

With 4 NYC hotels under my belt in the same trip, Iroquois far exceeds my expectations and in my opinion, is the choice hotel for me when I visit NYC again. The bed was so comfortable that I spent a lot of time sleeping and having a good rest during my stay. The bathtub was a great addition and the Molton Brown toiletries tops the cake. Housekeeping services are carried out in the day and in the evenings, the hotel provides a turndown service, complete with a weather card for the next day and delicious chocolates on the pillows.

Internet is complimentary and the signal was strong enough for me to do some work. There is an iron and ironing board in the wardrobe and the luxurious bath robes are handy too. I would also like to commend the hotel for safekeeping my online shopping parcel which arrvied after I checked out. The hotel made a note and allowed me to pick it up at a later date and their exceptional service continues to impress me. Location of the hotel is close to Times Square and the nearest subway station - Bryant Park, is only 5 minutes away. There are many restaurants, diners, duane reade pharmacy and starbucks nearby so you won't regret choosing this hotel.

Room Tip: I requested for a quiet room and was given a room next to the lift. I was worried about the noise le...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
IroquoisFrontDesk, Front Office Manager at The Iroquois New York, responded to this review, 14 August 2012
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. We strive to accommodate all of our guest’s requests whenever possible and needs. I'm sorry to hear that we placed you in a room near that was near the lift at first, but enlightened that you were able to find the room to your liking and not be disturb by any outside noise. We are also pleased to hear that you were able to take advantage of our amenities to make your stay that much enjoyable, we hope to welcome you again in the future!

Assistant Front Desk Manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (368)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

I spent a week in NYC on my own a few months back and I highly recommend this boutique Hotel. It was perfect.

Ideal location with 5th Avenue being at one end and Times Square being two blocks at the other end, although once inside the Hotel you wouldn't know that you were in the hub of YC with how quiet it was. The room was lovely, the concierge were fantastic (hello sold out Ice Hockey tickets), the bottle of wine, sparkling water and chocolates on arrival were appreciated and I got upgraded which was fabulous.

The staff were really attentive, remembering everything that I told them the next day and overall very sweet. Being on my own I felt very safe being there and the amazing location meant everything was easily accessible late at night without the need to even get a taxi. I loved the fact there was a Duane Reade just around the corner for late night drinks, snacks and nail polish too!

They had the cutest turn down service where chocolates and the weather for the following day were placed on your pillow...oh and the gorgeous bath products meant I was always wrapped up in a Molton Brown cocoon before bed. Love.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank SianCity
Thank you for your mention on the trip advisor community it is always a pleasure to hear feedback from our guests. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed our location, property, and our staff. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Warm Regards
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2012

We booked the hotel because we got a deal through Booking.com for a "Superior Queen" for about $200/night. When we arrived the room we were given was dark, tiny, on the fire escape and the bed looked far more like a double than a queen. We were able to upgrade to a room with a queen sized bed but had to pay a further $50 a night. The room was noisy which we expected because it was right on 44th and it was generally clean but really annoyingly the A/C (and heat) are centralised and controlled by the front desk. My wife was freezing in the room but the only way to control the temperature is to open and close the vents in the room so it was either stuffy because there was no air coming in or very cold. For the most part the staff were friendly and helpful (although one girl, in response to our comment that it was cold in the room did say my wife should just wear a sweater). Still, we felt duped by the description of the room we originally booked and, for the price we ultimately paid, could have stayed in a nicer hotel. Overall, except for the staff's friendliness, we found little to recommend and we left disappointed. We would not go back.

• Stayed July 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank floorbye
IroquoisFrontDesk, Manager at The Iroquois New York, responded to this review, 10 August 2012
Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent stay, having access to such beneficial information as our guests feedback is an excellent tool for all hotels to better service as well as the overall guest experience. It is certainly a great disappointment when our guests do not have the experience that we hope each individual will have so I would like to extend my apologies that we did fall short.
If you do choose to give us the opportunity to make this up to you in the future please feel free to contact me directly, as we do offer larger rooms that may be more suitable to your needs.

Kelli Phillips
Front Office Manager
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2012

Great find, thanks to trip advisor. Great location 2 blocks from Times square. Clean, friendly and have no Issues.. Very quiet to sleep considering the location, i was surprised but a GREAT Surprise. Looking forward to making the Iroquois Hotel my Home when I am in New York City

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
IroquoisFrontDesk, Front Office Manager at The Iroquois New York, responded to this review, 9 August 2012
Thank you for your compliments of our hotel and staff. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in New York! Thank you for sharing your experience on trip advisor we really thrive on our guest's feedback.

Arvada, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2012

Everyone that works there was so friendly and available to assist. The hotel was perfect and we enjoyed our time in the city and having a great hotel experience was part of that. The door was always opened for us and the desk personnel assisted us with everything we needed. The Triomphe restaurant served us wonderful drinks (little pricey) but well worth it as we settled in for the night. The location was excellent (walking distance to Broadway, shopping, Times Square). The beds were awesome and comfortable and the rooms were clean.

Room Tip: The hotel is lovely, I am sure all the rooms are excellent
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for submitting your review on trip advisor. It's a pleasure to hear such kind feedback and I'm pleased that we could accommodate you, and I am glad to hear our staff were able to be of assistance during your stay.