“Excellent Location and Service”

The Iroquois New York
Ranked #37 of 466 Hotels in New York City
Hartford, WI
“Excellent Location and Service”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Recently stayed at the Iroquiois for business travel, a total of 3 travelers staying in 3 different rooms for two nights. First impressions, very positive in that the staff was attentive when I arrived by taxi. While my room wasn't ready (I arrived at around 11:30 am), they were willing to take my cell number and call me as soon as it was. Bellman, Concierge, and Check In Agent all were very professional.

Room was on the 12th floor. While the room was a smaller room, it was well appointed. Certainly appreciated the comfortable bedding and extra touches, such as the robes and nightly turndown service with chocolates. Based on Trip Advisor feedback, I signed up for their guest reward program. Enjoyed the box of chocolates and small bottle of wine.

The room was very clean, I did not observe any areas that needed attention from the staff. Speaking of staff, they were all exceptional. The bellman even greeted me by name the second day.

One of the greatest things about this hotel is the location. I was able to walk to almost every sight I wanted to see while in town.

Definitely plan on being back to New York and will stay here again!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
IroquoisFrontDesk, Manager at The Iroquois New York, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Thank you for your compliments and sharing your experience on Trip Advisor! I'm pleased to hear that you signed up for our Gold Guest program and we look forward to welcoming you back on a future stay.

Assistant Front Office Manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (385)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Stockholm, Sverige
Reviewed 22 April 2012

A very nice hotel with great location. Close to theaters and Times Square and many great restaurants. Bus stop around the corner and close to the subway. Service-oriented staff. The room was not big but quite sufficient. The bed was the best we experienced on a vacation and the bedding was comfortable. The bathroom was very nice with a "mountain" of towels and wonderful products for shower and hair. More time was devoted to cleaning the bathrooms and smaller at turndown. Nice with chocolate on your pillow every night and a card with the next day's weather. Long waiting for the elevator.
Recommended.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review, I apologize for the long elevator wait during your stay. We look forward to the completion of our elevator renovation so, not only will we have both elevators up and running, but the elevator speed with be greatly increased! Thank you once again, for sharing your experience.

North Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 19 April 2012

Bed was comfortable, room was on the small side (to be expected in Manhattan), and staff were friendly. The location was very convenient for Times Square, Central Park, broadway shows, and 5th Ave shopping. There was a cute little park - Byant Park - around the corner where we had breakfast a couple of times. We had a view of the Chrysler building from our 10th floor room.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor! I'm pleased to hear our property fulfilled your needs while visiting New York City. Not only are the attractions in our area close by, but our central location makes travel all over the city very simple. We hope to welcome you back on a future trip!

Fleet, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 April 2012

first time in NY and couldnt have picked a better hotel. location was perfect, within walking distance to most sights, friendly staff and good room. Dont expect views from the windows but perfectly adequate because youre only sleeping in there. Diner 2 mins down same road for great inexpensive breakfast. Quiet location. Very helpful staff. Would go back again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
IroquoisFrontDesk, Manager at The Iroquois New York, responded to this review, 23 April 2012
I’m pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us on your first trip to New York City! Thank you for sharing your experience and we hope to see you again in the future.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 17 April 2012

I stayed at the Iroquois for 2 nights recently on a cheap rate of $229/night from Expedia. I do not typically stay in the Times Square neighborhood because it is dirty, noisy, and crowded with tourists, but I had business meetings up and down the West side so for this trip it made sense. If you like to take public transportation, you can hardly get more central or accessible than Times Square.

When I arrived I was greeted warmly and checked in efficiently, and throughout my stay the staff was friendly and helpful. My room was tiny and dark with one small window looking out into an air shaft, but not uncomfortable, and I had a nice and immaculately clean bathroom. The furniture and carpet are a bit outdated and worn, but not terribly so. The photos on the hotel's website seem to be a pretty accurate representation--one photo resembled my room almost exactly. For a solo traveler, my tiny room was fine, but it would be a bit tight for more than one person.

As a place to just come home and sleep--which is essentially what I did--the Iroquois was more than adequate. And for the price I paid, I felt it was a very good value. However, I was surprised to see when looking at their regular rates that a room like mine often sells for over $500/night. Had I paid $500 for this room I would have been outraged--this isn't a $500/night room, and honestly, charming as it is, in my opinion it's not a $500/night hotel.

So watch Expedia and other sites for good rates and if you are taking a trip to NY to see shows, this is a good home base for the right price.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank TripsPlease
IroquoisFrontDesk, Manager at The Iroquois New York, responded to this review, 22 April 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience with the Trip Advisor community, such reviews are a great tool to assist us in improving our property, as well as our service to you. I'm pleased to hear that you had a pleasant stay and when your business brings you back to mid-town we hope to welcome you back.