4,130 results
All reviewscarnegie hallcentral parkgreat locationnew yorktimes squarethe russian tea roomcontinental breakfasttwo double bedsbrooklyn dineran older hotelone bedroom suitelarge bedroomfridge and microwavetwo blockswalk in closetcoffee makerkitchen area
Reviewed 3 March 2010

Saalibury hotel is quite old and the rooms dated, butlocation is great. Just a short walk to Times Square, but in the quieter end of town.Also 5 minutes walk to Central park.
Hotel charged a small fee for breakfast, which was only toast,bagels etc. Lots of small cafes etc close by, with better and cheaper options. Staff at front desk were quite helpful, but unfriendly.
Overall, a good hotel,in a good part of town, with large rooms

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank pinehart
Reviewed 28 February 2010

Arrived at hotel with three friends for a womans week away, we were offered a suite instead of two rooms which we were delighted to accept it was the icing on the cake of a great stay The location was perfect for Central park,Times Square,theatres, subway and many of the main attractions.The only negatives were plastic cutlery and plates in breakfast room,and the foyer didnt give a good first impression.The rooms were spotless and although an old hotel it had character. I would certainly stay here again

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends
3  Thank gargunnock
Reviewed 28 February 2010

We recently stayed at the Salisbury and got a really good deal $99 per night, the Salisbury is in a really good location, the hotel staff were quite happy to help, particuarly the doormen. Some people have complained that they had to carry their bags themselves, this wasn't our experience and we were able to leave our luggage there on our final day as we had a late flight.
I have stayed in New York before and paid ALOT more for a hotel that was upper west side and more or less a glorified hostel.
The rooms in the hotel are spacious, in response to some comments however, I do have to mention that not all rooms come with fridge and coffee maker etc.. but, we wasn't expecting these so we were not concerned. There is a large closet, a huge bed and a plasma TV on the wall. The bathroom is a little dated but perfectly functional and clean (which is my priority).
I can't comment on the breakfast because I chose to eat out in the many deli's around that are just as good value. The hotel is close to many amenities; a Duane Reade, starbucks, pizzeria and many Delis (even a church!!).

There was wi-fi but at a charge, (I'm not sure how much) there was also computers in the lobby but they were quite expensive ($7 per 15 minutes). But we didn't need to use the service, also on my i-phone I was able to use the internet free in a local Irish bar, so I'm sure there are other places you could access the net for free.

My only gripe with the room was the heat, we stayed when it was -3 and I have to say that the room was really hot, even when we turned the heating right down and opened the windows all day. Due to the freezing temperture outside it become bearable, but I don't know what it would be like in summer? I stayed on the 11 floor facing 57th street and I can't say it was noisy to me (I think previously there were building works going on, but I never heard them on my stay).

Overall, I was really pleased with the hotel Salisbury, it was fantastic value for money and I would most definitely stay there again if I can convince my boyfriend to take me!!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Clademc
Reviewed 25 February 2010

Rhis hotel is all about location. It was placed within easy walking distance to Central Park and most major attractions. Times Square easily walkable and a pleasant one. While the staff did n't fall over you they were pleasant and helpful. Rooms were a great size. The only fault I could find was that proper plates and cutlery in the breakfast room would have made it much nicer,

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank twizzle2
Reviewed 25 February 2010

Wonderful hotel. Lots of international visitors here. As noted, location is unbelievable central to times square, central park, transportation, broadway , bars etc! I got a deal for $99 per night through their website and was worth every penny!

Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple