US$ 169
US$ 158
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$ 168
US$ 112
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
Savings alert! 38% below average rates

The price you found is 38% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 182/night.

The Watson Hotel(New York City)
US$ 146
US$ 123
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 192/night.

US$ 254
US$ 226
US$ 170
US$ 161
  • Restaurant
The New Yorker a Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$ 186
US$ 133
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 208/night.

Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$ 197
US$ 138
US$ 278
US$ 228
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 338/night.

Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$ 340
US$ 126
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 38% below average rates

The price you found is 38% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 204/night.

YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$ 232
US$ 133
Savings alert! 41% below average rates

The price you found is 41% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 224/night.

4,104 results
All reviewscarnegie hallcentral parkgreat locationnew yorktimes squarethe russian tea roomcontinental breakfasttwo double bedsbrooklyn dineran older hotelone bedroom suitelarge bedroomfridge and microwavetwo blockswalk in closetcoffee makerkitchen area
Reviewed 18 November 2011

I have traveled a fair amount, and when in NYC, I used to stay with family, but recently started staying in hotels. For $ 250/$300 per night, I thought I would get something more refreshing than the hotels I have stayed in in NYC. The Salisbury is clean and comfortable (I got a fabulous room, but I think this was a "special"). Rooms and corridors were not musty or smelly - though they did not have the glitz - I guess another $ 200 would have got me the glitz! I would stay there again.

Room Tip: I asked for and got a room NOT facing the street. Very quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank deepaksji
Reviewed 17 November 2011

This is an old hotel, but like everyone else says, is a good deal for the location and size. However beware of the internet charges. There is no free internet offered on any room deal, and WiFi is offered per device. i.e. you will not be given a username and password for the internet, but your computer itself will be identified.

If you do connect to the internet and want to share the network as WiFi to other devices e.g. iPad, phones, make sure you download a program (only Windows 7, Mac doesn't have sharing from WiFi) - please Google it.

There is no ethernet connection unless you want to borrow an ethernet connector from the front desk.

Service is not especially friendly, nor do they try to be, so at least it's not fake!

We stayed in a two double suite and had a full lounge room with a foldout sofa bed. This kind of space is indeed a rarity in NYC.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 November 2011

We stayed for one night only and I was aware of the construction site across the hotel. I must say despite the hotel being very well situated, clean and comfortable I would have not liked to stay for a second night since the noise started at 7 am and was overwhelming. If they could adress this issue (noise also from street traffic due to windows not being sound proof) it would be a top choice for its location, amenities and reasonable price. They upgraded us to a suite which was very spacious, especially for New York. The beds were great and while the decor is definitely old style I must compliment the housekeeper since the room was very clean and well maintained, apart from one light bulb not working. The lobby service is reasonable but not overly friendly. Served its purpose, but a was mixed bag.

Reviewed 16 November 2011

We stayed at the Salisbury Hotel this past weekend and really enjoyed our stay. Our room was large (esp. for NYC), and had a microwave, small fridge, and sink. The furnishings were a bit dated, but seemed clean, and there was a newer flat panel TV in the room. Check-in was pleasant, and although there was a mix-up with the room number, it was handled relatively quickly and appropriately. The location is excellent, and there's a subway stop at the end of the block to get you to further points.

The price for the continental breakfast has just gone up to $9.00, and that's perhaps a bit steep. The room it's served in is pleasant, though, and since I hate to go out first thing in the morning it was probably worth it to us. There's a decent selection of pastries (which are good but not excellent), four kinds of cereal, three kinds of juice, hard-boiled eggs, cheese, and bread. The frozen waffles were a bit of a tacky touch that they could do without.

Since we were there on a weekend, there wasn't construction noise across the street. However, 57th St. is a large, busy street, and you will hear street noise if your room faces it. Turning on the A/C helps a bit with this, if that's an option for you.

1  Thank InquisitiveTraveler
Reviewed 15 November 2011

Just stayed for three days at the Salisbury Hotel. On 57th Ave opposite Carnegie Hall, the location was perfect for us. The subway is close by, Central Park is a block or so away, not far from Times Square, we walked there quite frequently. The suites are generous with well appointed sitting rooms, two walk in storage closets and a rather largish bedroom. There is a major construction project across the street from the hotel. The noise of the jackhammers starts early in the morning but it did not bother us much since the racket stopped before we got back to the hotel in the evening/night. The hotel seems to have been around for quite a while and the place shows its age but the environment and the rooms are very clean. I gave it a three star rating only because I found the shower to be inadequate. The shower curtain rod has been improperly installed about six inches inside towards the tub. The tub in the bathroom is quite small and losing six inches to the shower curtain really does not give you much space. Then there is the problem of the shower curtain being too short for the tub and when you turn the water on the curtain billows into you. Not at all a pleasant experience. I would suggest that someone in the upper echelons of the management in this hotel should try taking a shower in the bathroom at room #1418. They will instantly understand my extreme discomfort at the shower curtain billowing into me (I don't know where this shower curtain has been...!) while I try to take a shower. Further more the towel rod in the bathroom is installed at elbow height on the wall right next to where one stands to style one's hair. As a woman I have to spend some time fussing with my hair, then having to deal with jarring shots to my elbow while I did my hair was pain I could live without. Both these issues have easy fixes. 1) For the shower, install a curved shower rod but do the installation so that the curtains does not eat up valuable shower real estate. 2) Install a long shower curtain so that the water can stay in the tub. 3) remove the towel bar and install a stainless steel rack higher up to stack the towels and add a row of hooks for further towel hanging capability.Overall I would go back if the shower issue was fixed, since this was a major fly in the ointment. Management are you listening? The front office was ok. The Bell Staff very pleasant.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the construction noise in the front on 57th Avenue.