Skyline Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Kimpton Ink48 Hotel(New York City)
  • Restaurant
414 Hotel(New York City)
  • Breakfast included
Belvedere Hotel(New York City)
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
  • Fitness centre
2,640 results
All reviewstimes squarenew yorkhell's kitchenindoor poolintrepid museumminute walkcentral parklincoln tunnelthe penthousefew blocksgood sizetwo double bedsstayed here for nightsrestaurant rowper dayroom was largebit dated
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We had a comfortable stay as the title suggests. The rooms were small but they always are in a big city. They were clean and tidy and the beds were very comfortable.
The staff were polite and helpful and the hotel was well situated to get around the city.
The only negative I would give to our stay was the fact that our room was so near to the elevator that it was noisy at times.
However, I would still recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: ask for one no where near the elevator
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
MARK H, General Manager at Skyline Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 days ago

Glad you enyoyed your recent stay and look forward to another visit.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This was my third visit to The Skyline and it was as good as the first two. I was taking a cruise on the Norwegian Breakaway and just needed one night. The El rancho restaurant inside the hotel had good food, a little pricey, but it is NYC and convenient. The rooms are always clean and the staff is friendly and helpful. I highly recommend this Hell's Kitchen gem

Stayed: February 2018
1  Thank nyksla
MARK H, General Manager at Skyline Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

We look frward to your return, as you put it, Hell's Kitchem gem.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed here last week. The hotel is in an excellent location, there are many good bars and places to eat nearby and it's just 10 minutes from Times Square. However, we had a Superior room and whoever decided to call it that clearly uses a different dictionary to the one that we have - our 'view' was of a white brick wall, there wasn't a Skyline to be seen. The room was very clean though and the housekeeping staff were very friendly.
It would be nice to have tea and coffee making facilities in the room or even coffee available in the lobby. I've since read reviews stating that kettles are available if you ask but perhaps a sign in the room stating this would be more helpful.
Also, I've stayed in New York on a number of occasions before and this is the first time that I've been told that there's a charge to store bags after checking out, it's only a dollar per bag but still. There's no free wifi in rooms either, you are charged per device if you want to get online in your room or otherwise you have to go into the lobby to use the free service and it can get a little crowded!
One day I mistakenly got out of the lift on the second floor and was confronted by a female security guard who rudely told me that I shouldn't be there. The hotel doubles as a homeless shelter.
There was the smell of marijuana in the hotel on occasions, the management are aware of this as there are signs in the lift warning people against the use of it but these are blatantly ignored.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JM2707

I fully appreciate you pointing out items that would have made your staff a better one for you. We do keep our room rates at a very good rate in NYC, thus we do charge for wifi in the rooms. As to the comment about the shelter, we have two self contained floors with the city for families waiting for apartments. This is true of many hotels in NYC with the lack of available apartments.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for four nights in march. We went for my birthday and fully enjoyed our stay.
The hotel was just right for us. It's set back away from all the hustle of the city noise but not too far away where you have to walk a great distance to the attractions. 5 min walk to times square, Broadway and a subway station. Ten walk to Rockefeller center, and 15 min walk to central park.
The hotel itself is kept clean and the staff are friendly and helpful. The room was huge. We had a king size exec suite which was cleaned daily. It has a tex mex restaurant on site which we only used once but was fair priced and the food was good quality. Not much choice we thought but what we had was very nice and the waitress made us so welcome. We didn't use the pool so can't comment on that but others we spoke to said it was great. The only negative we could say about the hotel was not much soundproof with the rooms. We could hear tv sets in other rooms, people talking in the rooms next door and cars outside. We were on the 7th floor too. But I would not let this stop us from coming back.
We used the deli across the road for most things. Breakfast everyday, drinks, snacks and the staff there were fantastic.
All in all we would definitely stay here again. It was a perfect price we thought and a very relaxed hotel

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dcfcsanke

Thank you for pointing out about how friendly you found the staff of the hotel. You perfectly described the great points about the hotel and its location.

Best regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Price was cheaper than other comparable hotels. The room was good, nothing crazy. The TV quality was sort of bad. You also had to pay for wifi which sucked, but the low price made it worth it. Everybody who worked at the hotel who I talked to was very nice and professional.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
3  Thank Joey C
MARK H, General Manager at Skyline Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

I appreciate your review and next time you have an opportunity to stay, you will find a whole new TV programing that will be installed next week.

Best regards,