Skyline Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Kimpton Ink48 Hotel(New York City)
  • Restaurant
414 Hotel(New York City)
  • Breakfast included
Belvedere Hotel(New York City)
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
  • Fitness centre
2,640 results
All reviewstimes squarenew yorkhell's kitchenindoor poolintrepid museumminute walkcentral parklincoln tunnelthe penthousefew blocksgood sizetwo double bedsstayed here for nightsrestaurant rowper dayroom was largebit dated
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 February 2012

From the outside the hotel does not look like much, but we were very happy once we went in. It was clean, double queen room was a good size, nice pool, gym has decent equipment, the attached restaurant was nice and the drinks were good. Would definitely recommend. If you plan to park there you should know that they leave a window open and carefully step on your car to get in and out so they can fit many cars. I was not happy but must admit no damage even though the car was out a few times. Who knows how many other garages do the same.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 8 February 2012

I stayed in this hotel with my sister in law at the start of December. We stayed for 5 nights and had a fantastic stay. The hotel room was to a very good standard, very spacious and clean. Wide screen television, fridge and seperate dressing area from the bathroom. We had a very quick check in and we found all the staff in the hotel to be very approachable and friendly, who were only too keen to help. The hotel is in an excellent location for Times Square which was a 10 minute walk so we were close to all the sights. We found the area surrounding the hotel to feel very safe, we were two women alone in New York and did not have a problem walking in the area around the hotel at night or during the day. The hotel was very quiet during the night with no noise. Beds were very comfortable - we had two queensize beds. The hotel has a bar and restaraunt we had a drink in the bar once but found it to be pricey, we never ate in the restaurant. THere was internet access in the hotel which was cheap to use. Trips and shows can be booked from the hotel. We went to see Sister Act but booked it from Tourist Info on Times Square and found this to be cheaper than prices quoted at the hotel, however staff were very helpful and certainly not pushy when we enquired about ticket costs. We flew into Newark airport and used one of the transfer buses that dropped us a few blocks from the hotel and was certainly very convenient and cheap to use. I would certainly recommend this hotel to anybody planning to stay in New York. Anyone driving in New York there is a car park attached to the hotel that appeared to be secure. All in all a great stay!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank kirst27
Reviewed 6 February 2012

We got to the skyline hotel just after 3pm on 2jan and we were here for 10 days.
Upon arriving and getting to our room took no more than 5 minutes. Excellent staff on check in and room was very good. We stayed in room 421 with 2 queen beds and on suite... It was great basic room large bathroom very very clean...

The hotel is about 10 mins to times sq if you like the touristy stuff and bout 10 min cab ride to lower manhattan the best part of NYC.

Our stay was excellent as I say staff excellent and hotel services great also.
The tourist information lady was great really helpful and cheery.

The 2 bad points, the resturaunt that's opened joint to it, the food was awful.. I had a burger and fries asked for well done it cme med rare, the fries were burnt. I've never in my life sent food back so this was a first. The waitress apologised took the food back then 5 minutes came back and said, "I had to argue with the chef to make you a new one as he said its fine" I just looked in amazement at her, the new one came out the fries good, the burger the same.. I said can I just get the bill and I paid for it no fuss but didn't eat it... The receipt came with gratuity added already??? And they also hovered for a tip??? No chance...

The 2 nd thing I had a deposit taken from me on arrival as standard in hotels... My card was charged $225 to be refunded t end of stay, no problem... After 10 days after I got back no money? I called the accounting department a lady apologised said she will call me back within 24hours... 48 hours later no call back. I called again got the same lady, I explained what happened. She then was extremely rude and said do I want her to help me? I said politely I'm calling from Norway this call is costing me alot of money and yes please can you fix this for me, she replied I don't like the way your speaking to me and put the phone down... Awful awful service from a hotel that was fantastic until then.

I called bck explained my disappointment to a different member of staff, she was the reservations manager. She was superb, apologetic when she didn't need to be be but fantastic service.... If it wasn't for her I would never recommend this hotel...

The money was fixed and again the reservations manager was excellent in fixing things....

All in all a great 10 nights in a good hotel in decent location. If you want somewhere to stay that's safe, clean and friendly this is the place, but beware the poor burgers and the rude crazy woman in administration

Ps the skyline deli over the rd is amazing... The guys that work there are great guys, and very funny. More importantly the food is immense and cheap....

• Stayed: January 2012
4  Thank stonielad
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Our family of four stayed in the Skyline Hotel this weekend. It certainly isn't a hotel with a fancy lobby or a gorgeous facade but it does offer great service and renovated rooms. The room was very large, for NYC standards, clean and quiet. We found the beds extremely comfortable. The employees at the hotel were very friendly and helpful when we inquired at the concierge about the business hours of the Lego Store. The indoor rooftop pool was a plus. It was heated to 92 degrees and the kids had a blast swimming after a long day of walking around the city. Overall, it was an amazing value for Manhattan and we would stay there again. There is a parking garage, with discount prices for hotel guests, located underneath the property. It is within walking distance of Times Square and Rockefeller Center, we even walked to Chinatown but that is a hike.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 49th Street of the building. If you wanted an even quieter room and were willing to compromise view, book a room on the other side.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Kim K
Reviewed 30 January 2012

We stayed here one night. It's a fantastic location. We stayed in a room with two queen sized beds. The room was big and the beds were so comfortable. Parking was 10.00 per night, which was very reasonable. The only problem was there was a group of partyers on our floor. Security was good in quieting them down quickly. They broke one of the two elevators. If you are afraid of elevators, these aren't the ones for you. Get a room on the first or second floor. It's a convenient location with great service. We didn't try the restaurant, but it looked clean and it was busy.

Room Tip: If you don't like small antiquated elevators, get a room on the first or second floor so you can walk. If you are staying on a Saturday night, it might be louder. People do come on the weekend to party.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple