We stayed in a couple of double/double rooms in April and were there for 12 days. In spite of asking for quiet rooms we were given ones by lifts which ding-ed all the time and people used the area as a meet and greet. Constant noise with door banging (they have no softly, softly door returns) and you could hear all the plumbing and external traffic noise was bad too. We were on the 4th floor.
It was clean and a reasonable size, but overpriced Hotel for what you actually get in terms of service. You could do much better elsewhere. Carpets grubby and curtains grubby though housekeeping kept everything else up to scratch. The staff were nice and pleasant but I feel they are badly let down by the poor standard of the Hotel. They were doing up the pool area and we also got daytime drill noise. The restaurant on site does an adequate breakfast but it could do with menu varying from time to time. We ate out mostly down 8th or 9th Ave - lots of eating places and varied choices. Hotel was conveniently located but think other Hotels wouldn't have to do much to exceed this one. They hire out Conference rooms for parties and we got alot of noise from this as well. They are a large Hotel with loads of big tour groups and is ok if staying for a short time and you don't mind noise. We had hoped that a nice ambient Hotel would add to our fun stay in NY, but sadly this Hotel didn't cut it. We would stay elsewhere next time.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Watson Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Midtown New York
- Holiday Inn New York City
- Holiday Inn Nyc
- Holiday Inn Times Square
- Holiday Inn Midtown 57th Street
- Holiday Inn Midtown Manhattan
- New York City Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Manhattan Midtown