The Hilton Manhattan East is beautiful with lots of old touches. The lobby is small, but there is an atmosphere around its days as the Tudor. There are lots of quirks (small elevators, small hallways, small conference facilities), so if you're a business traveler used to the Hilton brand, this probably isn't the place for you.
The front desk staff was efficient, but not overly friendly. They failed to let me know on check-in that there are two towers to the hotel. Being in the south tower, I went downstairs to find offices and a hallway full of used towels (yuck) only to be re-directed. Once I got to my room, it was well appointed and comforting. There is a sincere amount of construction being done in the area, and the hotel is covered in scaffolds (including this corner room upgrade).
The bathrooms are in major need of an update. Mine included a Jacuzzi tub, a bidet and a toilet. But all needed updating. Despite the full page of instructions in the shower, I failed to master the exact cadence of what was needed for a not-too-hot shower.
All in all, I probably won't stay here again, but it's nothing against the property itself. I just prefer larger facilities with a little less charm. But that makes me American, right?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Formerly the Tudor Hotel, this Midtown historic boutique hotel was transformed and reopened in 2010 as the Hilton Manhattan East. 300 Guest Rooms and Suites located on East 42nd St. Walking distance to Grand Central, Midtown and the United Nations. As of January, 2017 it is now Hilton New York Grand Central. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton New York Grand Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Manhattan East Hotel New York City
- Tudor Hotel United Nations
- Crowne Plaza United Nations
- Tudor Hotel New York City