About the price and size you'd expect for NYC - a lot for a little but it was comfortable and clean. Great location within walking distance of lots to do and see. First problem was being told at check in that the type of room we reserved, paid for and confirmed twice before heading into the city (smoking with a king size bed) was not available. We were offered a room with a balcony which wouldn't have been so bad had it not been 20 degrees outside. Second problem ...A loud bang approx. every 15 minutes I'm assuming from the heat - after the first 5 or 6 hours I got use to it. (Yes I'm being sarcastic) Internet was available for $15 and ran veryyyyy veryyyyy slowwwwww. Lastly - and this may sound petty to some - but we didn't get robes....
On a positive note - the bed was very comfortable. Would we stay again? Eh.....it wasn't great - it wasn't horrible - it was average....and average isn't something I'd expect from a Hilton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Formerly the Tudor Hotel, this Midtown historic boutique hotel was transformed and reopened in 2010 as the Hilton Midtown East. 300 Guest Rooms and Suites located on East 42nd St. Walking distance to Grand Central, Midtown and the United Nations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda and Prestigia so you can book your Hilton New York Grand Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Manhattan East Hotel New York City
- Tudor Hotel United Nations
- Crowne Plaza United Nations
- Tudor Hotel New York City