Kitano New York
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$ 185
US$ 157
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$ 204
US$ 360
US$ 168
US$ 138
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$ 289
US$ 255
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
US$ 369
US$ 306
  • Room Service
Hilton Garden Inn Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$ 178
US$ 145
  • Bar/Lounge
Avalon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$ 264
US$ 255
  • Fitness centre
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$ 115
  • Breakfast included
1,239 results
All reviewspark avenuegrand central stationjazz clubjapanese toiletheated seattowel warmeron a non smoking floornew yorkthe empire state buildinglive jazzmurray hillquiet hoteltimes squaremini barcorner roomnice sizefifth avenue
Reviewed 3 May 2012

We booked on Hotwire and called ahead to ensure that our non smoking requirement could be accommodated as I have asthma. We were told this would not be a problem and I asked again on checkin and was advised we were in a non smoking room. The smell of smoke when we got off on the 14th floor was overwhelming. We called the front desk and were advised all rooms were non smoking, which doesn't make sense as they had previously advised they weren't. Upon our insistence we were advised that because we booked through Hotwire it could not be guaranteed! Seriously people let me get this straight, if I book with Hotwire I am somehow a second class citizen who deserves to have a sever asthma attack due to an allergy to cigarette smoke? We finally spoke with the manager and a room was found for us on the 9th floor, non smoking. I just don't get why they would lie and tell us a smoking room was non smoking. In the end all worked out but it left me severely ticked off to have to change rooms 11pm at night and to be lied to on top of it. I won't be booking here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank mlbreen
Reviewed 1 May 2012

I stayed here April 18-23 and I found the hotel to be very nice and accomodating. Unfortunately I thought the price of the water in the room was extremely expensive even for New York prices. $5.00 a bottle was pretty steep. Also the fridge was filled with items that were all very costly and over-priced. My thinking is that somethings could have at least been complimentary since the room was so expensive. I am planning another trip to New York next year but won't be staying there. Nice place but really not worth all the money.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank bann2u
Reviewed 30 April 2012

I know it is in NY, but this is a very mediocre hotel. No one smiled. Not the bellman, not the front desk. No one seemed, in any way, happy to see a guest. The room size was normal by NY standards. The room did reek of cigarettes, even though we were told it was non smoking. The location is OK, Midtown very close to Grand Central. It was approx $400 per night. I would not stay here again. I was never given a reason to do so.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank wdh528
ClementCarey, General Manager at Kitano New York, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2012

I am sincerely sorry that your stay at The Kitano was disappointing. I apologize that the staff you encountered were not warm and hospitable. I am proud of the great job our employees usually perform and regret that you did not see them shine.

While we offer smoking rooms on two floors, we take great care that both these rooms and our non-smoking rooms (the great majority of the hotel) are absolutely clean. I fully understand how any off odors could ruin a hotel stay.

On your next trip to NYC, I would like to offer you a upgrade to suite accommodations at the regular room rate. If you would contact me directly, I would be glad to amend your guest profile to reflect this offer.

Clement Carey
ccarey@kitano.com

Reviewed 27 April 2012

If you would like a " lovely place to stay" when you are in New York. "close to the buzz but in a quiet sophisticated street" then you could do a lot worse than book your holiday stay here.

Staff- Very respectful , they honoured my special room request which was very nice of them

Room:- very comfortable, tastefully decorated, clean and spacious, what more could you want

Location:- Superb near the tube ( subway) sorry ! quiet, very near Central Station.

In summary this hotel is very very good indeed .

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2012

We were struck by how quiet the hotel was (triple glazing in all the windows.) NIce to come back to somewhere calm and restful after walking round the city all day. Well located in Midtown. Very helpful staff - when we asked to use the business centre the concierge printed our boarding passes for us without charge. Authentic Japanese restaurant which could have been daunting, but the staff were very helpful with the menu. Breakfast buffet offered lots of choice but was quite expensive - but there are plenty of alternatives nearby.

Room Tip: Worth asking for a room overlooking Park Avenue for the view.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple