“Easily accessible high-end dining experience”
Review of McCormick & Schmick's - CLOSED

Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: 52nd Street
Transit: 1,A,C,E,N,R
Reviewed 16 February 2012

My wife and I were traveling with our 11 month old daughter on the weekend before Valentine's day. We decided to go out to eat and called for a reservation. Fortunately for us, our daughter fell asleep in her stroller and we were hoping, no, praying she would sleep through dinner. We were hoping that the restaurant didn't have stairs and we could simply roll her up to the table. Well...our wish came true! Not only were the staff sensitive to our sleeping daughter and made an effort to remain quiet, but they got us a table that we could simply roll her up to without waking her up. It was the first time my wife and I had a quiet meal together in a while.

The service was courteous and friendly. The food was high end but not overly pricey. I had a steak and it was cooked to perfection - medium rare. My wife had the stuffed salmon and very much enjoyed it.

This is definitely a restaurant we will visit again if we find ourselves in NYC.

Reviewed 4 February 2012

The atmosphere of the restaurant was pleasant and conducive to a nice dinner. However, it seem to me that the food was a little lower in quantity and quality than the Bonefish Grill chain, which is considerably less expensive. For instance we had Ahi Tuna for appetizer. It was quite small and average. The same thing at Bonefish is of sufficient size for two people and its taste is superb.

Reviewed 20 January 2012

Everytime I am in NY and I want a good meal at a reasonable price, McCormick & Schmick's is the place to go. Their menu is diverse. The service is very good and they are extremely friendly. If you are a solo diner, you feel very comfortable there. It specializes in seafood, but the filet mignon is always a winner.

Reviewed 17 January 2012

and at a Seafood restaurant!! Service was fabulous. Good wine list. And elegant dinner and we were able to watch the Giants beat the Packers on TVs in the bar area!! Bonus!

Reviewed 28 December 2011

Great food, good service, great gluten free selection! Only complaint is minimal: remove the planters so we can see outside!