“Cheesecakes!!”

Ranked #29 of 15,860 Restaurants in New York City
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery
Neighbourhood: Nolita
Description: Eileen's Special Cheesecake opened for business in December, 1975, and arrived in lower Manhattan on December 4, 1976. It was a "ghost town" when I first arrived, but that didn't bother me because the rent was low and I desperately needed a place to bake for my growing wholesale business. I hadn't considered the retail aspects of the business until people started knocking on the door of the bakery wanting to buy cheesecake. With that encouragement, I purchased a bakery case and began to conduct retail business. Soon after our cheesecake attracted the press and we were listed in "Best Bites" in New York Magazine. Radio station WOR rated us "Number One Cheesecake" and we appeared on television quite often whipping up batters of cheesecake. Time passed, and now Cleveland Place is in a popular area where the mix of people and restaurants and shops are so unique. Downtown is becoming the "place to be", and we are actually on most maps now. We survived difficult times, and now "let the good times roll"!
Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

If you are looking for New York cheesecakes, Eileen’s is one of the best places to
visit. The store is small so please use your GPS and read the signs. I tried their Oreo and Blueberry cheesecake and they are divine! The price is affordable also, it was more or less $4 per pc. (Can’t really remember the exact amount). The staff are friendly and very accommodating.

Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

Big variety of unique cakes. They don’t come in slices but mini cakes. We were planning on going there for our New York cheesecake experience and ran into a couple people who suggested it as well.

Reviewed 8 February 2018

I love the cheesecake, the only bad thing is that the place is small but everything else I recommend it

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

We looked on internet to found one of the best cheesecake and we found it! I can confirm that was one of the best cheesecake I had!! Amazing! We tried one plain and one strawberry. Keep going guys. And then today is my birthday so, thanks for the best cake!

1  Thank Food_travelexplorer
Reviewed 28 January 2018

Saw reviews on TA and happened to stumble upon the shop when walking about. Popped in for a cheesecake and a hot drink. The cheesecake lived up to the hype, although the service was just okay.