“Cracking cheesecake!”

Ranked #27 of 14,913 Restaurants in New York City
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery
Neighbourhood: Nolita
Description: Eileen's Special Cheesecake opened for business in December, 1975, and arrived in lower Manhattan on December 4, 1976. It was a "ghost town" when I first arrived, but that didn't bother me because the rent was low and I desperately needed a place to bake for my growing wholesale business. I hadn't considered the retail aspects of the business until people started knocking on the door of the bakery wanting to buy cheesecake. With that encouragement, I purchased a bakery case and began to conduct retail business. Soon after our cheesecake attracted the press and we were listed in "Best Bites" in New York Magazine. Radio station WOR rated us "Number One Cheesecake" and we appeared on television quite often whipping up batters of cheesecake. Time passed, and now Cleveland Place is in a popular area where the mix of people and restaurants and shops are so unique. Downtown is becoming the "place to be", and we are actually on most maps now. We survived difficult times, and now "let the good times roll"!
Reviewed 28 January 2018

Saw reviews on TA and happened to stumble upon the shop when walking about. Popped in for a cheesecake and a hot drink. The cheesecake lived up to the hype, although the service was just okay.

Reviewed 25 January 2018

I promised to leave a review and didn't find the time until now. I love this place so much, they have the best cheesecakes I've ever tried, seriously. Everytime I get to NY I have to go here for my cheesecake fix. My favorite by far is the rasberry one.

Reviewed 23 January 2018

This place is very small with very limited seating but selection of single portions cheesecakes is excellent!! I tried raspberry cheesecake and it was very light!

Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

I live for cheesecake and Eileens Special Cheesecake is just about as close to heaven on earth as you can get. The texture is creamy and dense without being hard or crumbly. The crust to cake ratio is well balanced. The flavor is simultaneously delicate and rich. A new favorite.

1  Thank Catalaq
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

That's exactly what we did. Read the reviews and came here for a jaunt round Soho afterwards.

Fantastic service from the staff and amazing amaretto Cheesecake.