“Mini Blueberry Cheesecake”

Ranked #17 of 13,687 Restaurants in New York City
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery
Neighbourhood: SoHo
Description: Eileen's Special Cheesecake opened for business in December, 1975, and arrived in lower Manhattan on December 4, 1976. It was a "ghost town" when I first arrived, but that didn't bother me because the rent was low and I desperately needed a place to bake for my growing wholesale business. I hadn't considered the retail aspects of the business until people started knocking on the door of the bakery wanting to buy cheesecake. With that encouragement, I purchased a bakery case and began to conduct retail business. Soon after our cheesecake attracted the press and we were listed in "Best Bites" in New York Magazine. Radio station WOR rated us "Number One Cheesecake" and we appeared on television quite often whipping up batters of cheesecake. Time passed, and now Cleveland Place is in a popular area where the mix of people and restaurants and shops are so unique. Downtown is becoming the "place to be", and we are actually on most maps now. We survived difficult times, and now "let the good times roll"!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Mini Blueberry Cheesecake”
Reviewed 29 January 2012

I visited Eileen's when it was raining buckets, and I was having a lazy day. At 3:00 on a Tuesday afternoon, it was practically empty. I stopped in and had a mini blueberry cheesecake which was $3.50. I wouldn't call this stereotypical NYC cheesecake, but I enjoyed it despite the steep price tag. It was lighter and not as dense as Junior's or the Cheesecake Factory, but it still had a unique flavor. There were around ten flavors of the mini cheesecakes, and they all looked good. You can also order full size cheesecakes from here.

If you are going to go here, check out Eileen's Facebook page. Most week days, they had a deal of spend $5 and get a free mini cheesecake, and it would be fun to split and share with a friend. They take credit cards!

• Visited January 2012
2 Thank musicandmath
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Bogota, Colombia
“Extremely overrated- Try these places better...”
Reviewed 23 January 2012

I'm a full time foodie, and been to NYC several times. Everytime I travel to the city I prepare a restaurant guide with recommended from friends, co-workers, family, and trip advisor. We were looking for a good NY cheesecake to top The Plaza Food Hall pumpkin cheesecake which is by far the best we've tasted in town, and saved dessert specifically for one of Eileen's cheesecake which was on my list, due to the fact that trip advisor has it on it's top best places....however it is definitely overrated. The place is small and cozy but the cheesecakes are small and of limited selection. The crust is tasteless, the inside is not rich, with poor consistency and texture. For dessert better check these places out: Bouchon, Levain, Plaza Food Hall desserts (best NY cheesecake), chikalicious dessert bar (pricier but well worth it), or Peel's bakery selections.

Visited January 2012
4 Thank NofSandE
new york city
“attitude”
Reviewed 7 January 2012

good cheese cake but eileen has a stinky attitude.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank bluebird56
Sydney, Australia
“THE VERY BEST CHEESECAKE EVER!!!!!!”
Reviewed 5 January 2012

We were wandering back after walking the Brooklyn Bridge and accidentally found this tiny little shop. The premises may be small but it is huge on varieties of cheesecakes and even bigger on quality, texture and TASTE! All three members of our family gave it a 10 out of 10. Never tasted cheesecake so deliicious.

• Visited April 2011
2 Thank Sydneytraveller41
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Amazing cheese cakes of all sorts”
Reviewed 18 November 2011

Many kinds of cheese cakes. If you are a cheese cake fan - this is the place to go

Visited November 2011