1,627 results
All reviewsyogurtcontinental breakfastnew yorkone bedroom suiteess a bagelrockefeller centercentral parksofa bedtimes squarestreet noisefree wififridge and microwavesmall kitchenettebusiness centerliving areamini barwaldorf astoria
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Excellent location, lovely to have microwave, mini refrigerator and window that opens; comfortable bed, were outside the country so this review is late. Our only quandary was the pain of getting the Guestbook discount, fortunately Johanna Vargas sales manager took care of it for us. Too long a process ! This hotel should have a more simple way to get discount to returning customers; we enjoyed the ability to have continental breakfast next door at Spice Symphony although not the best, we are very sorry to read it is discontinued. Apologize for forgetting the names of the two bellmen who took care of us (checked in March 9th, young man who recommended Italian restaurant in Queens; and the man who shared many tips about the big island of Hawaii on check out Sunday March 11th). Courteous and professional. Highly recommending it to family and friends, we shall be back !

Room Tip: Ask for good view. No room service but will bring food from restaurant next door, prefer it as room service is $$$
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank belo1601
Janet M, Director of Sales at San Carlos Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Dear belo1601,
Thank you for your kind review and great comments. We appreciate your taking to time to write about us, and more so, for being a guest of the San Carlos Hotel. We are delighted to know that you are completely satisfied with your visits, and we look forward to welcoming you back often. I will be sure to review your nice sentiments with our team.
I regret you had some difficulty with the Guestbook loyalty program and I would appreciate an opportunity to discuss this with you so we can take steps to improve the service.
Sorry for any confusion, we have discontinued the complimentary continental breakfast, however, Spice Symphony is still serving both continental and full American breakfast at a exclusive discounted rate for our guests.
If I can ever be of personal assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Kind regards,
Janet M
Director of Sales and Marketing

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Clean, well appointed rooms. Friendly staff. Good location to shops and restaurants. Very comfortable sofa sleeper. I like the Wolfgang Puck coffee. The orchids in the lobby are a nice touch. I would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank hthollinger
Reviewed 5 April 2018

I have no idea how it is possible for travelers to give this hotel a 5-star rating!
It was a disappointment from the moment the limo dropped us off. The reception employee kept calling my friend a "bodyguard" every time he encountered us. I am a university professional, and my friend is a Manhattan based artist. We were going to see a concert at Carnegie. Comments like "bodyguard" are absolutely inappropriate and out of place.

The free breakfast is no longer honored, even if you purchased a rate including the breakfast. A discounted breakfast is offered at the Indian restaurant next door. We went there for a quick bite, and the place was unprofessional, messy, with chipped tables, and staff members who lose control over the place just by serving about 10 people. They are very quick to hand you the bill, though (even if you are in the middle of your conversation and in the middle of consuming the food).

There is no classy restaurant in the hotel, the lobby is very small, the elevators take a long time, but the rooms are comfortable.

The bathroom, although not dated, was not the cleanest. I had a green snot stuck to the shower curtain, and several black hair in the bathtub and on the floor. Disgusting.
The toilets are slow (better flush twice).

When I was checking out, the reception employee failed to ask how my stay was, if everything was OK with my room, or if I needed a copy of my bill.

The housekeeping knocked every hour on my door - 9, 10 and 11AM. The receptionist called in the meantime, mumbling something, and then claimed that someone told him that water is needed in my room. What???

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank chopin1981
Reviewed 5 April 2018

Hotel was central to all locations we wanted to see so we did not have to use bus or other means of transportation. All we had to do is walk to go on places we wanted to see. . Staff were friendly and helpful. I will come back to this hotel again and will also recommend to friends and families.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 April 2018

This was a last minute booking and it ended up being great!! Great location, staff was very friendly and helpful and the room was just perfect! I would definitely stay here again or recommend it to a friend in the future.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends