2,513 results
All reviews yogurt free apples new york lexington avenue rooftop bar grand central station junior suite an older hotel home away from home times square street noise midtown hotel chrysler building few blocks excellent location convenient location spacious room
Reviewed 13 April 2010

Booked this hotel two nights before leaving for a weekend in New York. What a find! It is a small hotel with 130 rooms and a wonderful individual feel. We had a fantastic corner room with two double beds and it felt as if we were in our own bedroom at home! The decor is individualised for each room - there is none of that 'corporate' feel produced by furniture that is so obviously made for every hotel in every city anywhere in the world. The room was spotlessly clean and stocked with good amenities. The staff were helpful and very friendly. The restaurant is great for breakfast. We just can't recommend this hotel highly enough and will definitely be staying there again when we visit our son in New York.

Date of stay: April 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2010

Heater in main bedroom made loud a loud banging noise off and on all night.
Suite was huge and spacious! Outdated decor. Great to have a dining table and mini kitchen to save money for breakfasts when eating out a lot. Walking distance to subway and to sights - time square etc...paid $300.00 per night

• Trip type: Travelled with family
ekkarin, Hotel Manager at Roger Smith Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2010

Thank you for your feedback on The Roger Smith Hotel. I wanted to address your concerns and apologize for the delay in doing so. We are addressing the banging pipe by draining the air bubbles that cause the noise to occur. While my team and I apologize for any unpleasant situations, I assure you we have taken the utmost care in building and décor of our rooms. The furniture in all rooms is unique and handpicked to ensure the most comfortable experience for our guests.

Our team and I do hope to be able to welcome you back and hopefully change your opinion.

Ek Wongleecharoen

Reviewed 11 April 2010

The hotel is super old and smells old. The bedrooms were decorated with bed linens that my great-great granny use to have. The radiator or whatever it is made weird noises all night long so I couldn't sleep because I thought something would pop out of it at any second. The bathroom was so old and worn out looking it made us uncomfortable to use since you couldn't tell whether it was still dirty or just old. At almost $300 a night the hotel should be able to at least upgrade the bed linens. Would never, ever, ever stay again.

Date of stay: April 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback on The Roger Smith Hotel. I wanted to address your concerns and apologize for the delay in doing so. We are taking your concerns seriously and looking for way to solve them. As for the banging pipe, we drained the pipe to get ride of all the air bubbles that cause the pipe to bang. My team and I can ensure you that cleanliness is our number one priority. We vacuum the floor and wipe down all the furniture daily.

Ek Wongleecharoen

Reviewed 10 April 2010

Familyfriendly, cosy, clean and big rooms. When we arrived to the hotel had the staff upgraded our room from a junior suite to a deluxe suite for the same price as junior suite.The staff is wounderful. We are coming back.

Reviewed 22 March 2010

Room on 9th floor had much street noise through poorly installed Window AC unit. Difficult to get to sleep with sirens, horns all night. They moved me to 15 floor which as better, but for the price of $285 I could have stayed at a much better hotel. Desk help was courteous and professional, bed comfortable, restaurant was pricy but okay. Health club fee was $35/day for a place across the street, which was way too excessive. Room was clean, furniture, decor dated.

• Trip type: Travelled on business