2,466 results
All reviewsyogurtfree applesnew yorklexington avenuerooftop bargrand central stationjunior suitean older hotelhome away from homestreet noisemidtown hoteltimes squarechrysler buildingfew blocksconvenient locationspacious roomsmall hotel
Reviewed 13 June 2011

So, I planned a trip to NYC for a weekend trip as a gift to my Mom. I planned for months -- researching hotels, restaurants, things to do, etc. I settled on the Roger Smith Hotel for our stay and MAN did I chose well! The hotel location is great -- close to a lot of things ( or a short cab ride away). This hotel, though it may not be all shiny and new like some of the big box chain places, have something those others don't -- OUTSTANDING CUSTOMER SERVICE.

The great customer service began before I even checked IN to the hotel. I'd made my rez, then made a change to it. A bit later, I received and email from Emma at the hotel, checking to be sure I meant to book a smoking room (I did). I ask you...what hotel has ever had someone personally emailed you to make sure your reservation is what you wanted it to be? THAT made me feel great about my choice before I even checked in. I only hoped that was a sign of good things. It absolutely was! My mom and I checked in and Sophie at the front desk was absolutely the sweetest, kindest, most pleasant and helpful person I have ever encountered at a hotel front desk. Her kindness, warmth and welcoming felt truly genuine. She chatted with us as she was checking us in and made us feel like she was truly happy we were there.

Our room was great. My mom loved it and was very impressed with the size of the room and the space provided us. We had a Junior suite so there was plenty of room for us -- two beds, a desk, a love seat and an upholstered wing chair. The only negatives -- and they are very minor in comparison -- some of the furniture could stand replacing or maybe a good steam cleaning and not all the tv stations come in, or come in fuzzy. But not that big a deal really.

The rest of the staff we encountered there -- Jim, Emma, De Forest....ALL of them were kind and warm, friendly and helpful. I can't say enough good things about the staff. Above and beyond anything else, THEY are a reason to stay at the Roger Smith. My mother LOVED the hotel and the Roger Smith played a huge part in her enjoyment of the trip I planned for her. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, to the staff at the Roger Smith -- Sophie, Jim, Emma and De Forest -- and those I didn't meet personally -- for making our trip truly wonderful.

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank CLW_1106
Reviewed 12 June 2011

This was my second visit to the Roger Smith and it did not disappoint. The staff are magnificent; I was recovering from an emergency operation and they went out of their way to be helpful and seemed genuinely concerned. They upgraded me to a suite which was fantastic. The location is excellent and it is like a home away from home. I strongly recommend it; and the prices are very reasonable.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank WK001
Reviewed 12 June 2011

Love staying at the Roger Smith Hotel. The staff are so friendly and warm, and the service is excellent. Especially love the artwork.

Great location, close to everything - will definitely be back. And the wireless is free!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank GeorgetownDC
Reviewed 6 June 2011

Great location, excelent peopme attending and fair cost.

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank FabioRosa
Reviewed 3 June 2011

The Roger Smith is a nice boutique hotel. It's not new and shiny, but the staff are great (Sophie was especially helpful during our stay), the location is great, the amenities are very welcoming, and the price could be a lot worse. Look for promos to save a few bucks, and enjoy your trip.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple