“Outstanding food and service!”
Review of Sushi You

Sushi You
Get food delivered
Ranked #2,060 of 13,854 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Japanese
Neighbourhood: Midtown East
Neighbourhood: Midtown East
Reviewed 18 February 2020

My wife and I were in the area for the week and I read reviews about this place, which was near where we were staying - so we had to try it out. First of all, we walked in and the entire staff, to include the chef who was making sushi, said "Hi" and welcomed us in. There were two or three gentlemen sitting at the bar eating and drinking, having conversation in Japanese with the chef - that was a great sign to me!

We ordered the Chef's Sushi Platter, Chef's Sashimi, and drinks. It was all fantastic! The chef checked on us several times and clearly wanted to make sure we were happy.

Yes, it is a bit pricey and probably not a place I could go on a regular basis - but holy smokes it was great! There's the rub...good sushi just isn't cheap. There are plenty of OK sushi places for OK prices - and that is where most people end up going. This place is worth the trip and the extra cost - we payed just at $100 for the two large platters and drinks. We will definitely go back next time we are in NYC.

Date of visit: January 2020

Reviewed 9 December 2019

This is a very intimate, authentic, sushi restaurant. The food and service were top-notch. We had several appetizers, drinks, and seemingly endless sushi. Prices were very reasonable for the amount of food.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed 8 June 2019 via mobile

My sister and I tried this place as it had a slightly cheaper omakase than other places nearby. The food was delicious, the wait staff super kind — and we loved chatting with the head sushi chef behind the counter. A lovely evening, would highly recommend!

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed 25 October 2018

It was very close to Hotel Pod 51, small but very Special and individual restaurant. The food was excellent, prepared in front of you. Service was very friendly and proffesional. It's more expensive then other sushi places around, but sure worth the experience.

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank Aeskulap1
Reviewed 24 August 2018

I went to this place recently on a lunch date. It's a pretty cozy place in basement. It closes for lunch around 2.00 pm so they start rushing you at 1.25. We had ordered Sashimi Platter, Crunchy Salmon Roll and Destiny Lover Roll. They all were pretty good. One thing I like to point is that the fish didn't taste very fresh. I am not saying it was bad, just wasn't very fresh. I will give them a try for sure in future.

Date of visit: August 2018