“Small joint with great, authentic sushi - cheaper version of Gari”
Review of Sushi You

Sushi You
Get food delivered
Ranked #2,056 of 13,829 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Japanese
Neighbourhood: Midtown East
Neighbourhood: Midtown East
Reviewed 16 June 2012

My friend and I came here with the recommendation that this is a cheaper version of Sushi of Gari (which is by the way my favorite sushi restaurants in the world life to date). Overall the quality and price have confirmed this belief. We ordered a medium to top grade omakase (chef selection), and since we went early in the evening, the sushi chef was basically only serving us at the sushi bar. We had about 10 pieces each, finished off with a soup. I had 2 beer in addition, and after tax and tips my bill came to be $96. Great food with fair value.

Date of visit: June 2012

Reviewed 4 March 2011

Had their sushi to go and it was absolutely delicious! The staff was super friendly and the restaurant small but cute. Their menu was really interesting and made it difficult to pick what to eat. I would absolutely go back! If you're going to eat in though, I would definitely make a reservation especially if you are more than 2.

Date of visit: February 2011
1  Thank annadive
Reviewed 9 October 2008

Cute little hole in the wall. Absolutely empty on a Wednesday night. Sushi was OK, but definitely not anything to write home about.

A Tripadvisor reviewer on Facebook
Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed 22 July 2008

Great food for the money.

Thank A Tripadvisor reviewer on Facebook
This review is the subjective opinion of an individual contributor and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
A Tripadvisor reviewer on Facebook
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 7 February 2008

Great sushi! Small, calm place.

Thank A Tripadvisor reviewer on Facebook