New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“A gourmand's paradise” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Little Owl

The Little Owl
Reserve with OpenTable
The Little Owl is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #65 of 13,263 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$ 31 - US$ 40
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: West Village
Cross street: Grove Street
Transit: Christopher Street Station
New York City, New York
“A gourmand's paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2012

This was quite possibly one of the best NY meals I've had and after living in NYC for over twenty years that is saying something. I had meant to visit this restaurant a few months ago but something came up each time. Finally, made it there one evening directly after work and was it worth it? Indisputably, yes!! The meatball gravy sliders are scrumptious, salads are fresh and absolutely tasty and the entrees, seriously, the best tasting most tender morsels of potato wrapped scallops to be had. The chicken, we just swooned over, and the cheese plate had some hearty robiola that really complemented the palate.
The restaurant is small but there is an overall friendliness among the patrons as we ooohed and aaahed over each others' dishes and the servers are solicitous of your every wish. I encourage every person who fancies themselves a foodie to hurry in or go back and indulge. Yes, the prices are in the $$$ range but when you waddle out after such a great meal, the price is definitely worth it.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Maigret Q
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow

• Korean first
Denver
“One of the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012

I really enjoyed dinner at the Little Owl. What a great restaurant. The place meets the name perfectly - little. There are not many tables and many are very close together. The menu is small, but great. We started out with the meatballs because many of the reviews stated that they were fantastic. The meatball sliders were excellent. I had the cod and my husband had the halibut. Both were prepared perfectly. I also enjoyed the cocktail menu and beer choices. I will definitely go back to the Little Owl the next time we are in town. Fantastic service as well. The location is great. There are many places to enjoy prior to dinner and after dinner in the neighborhood.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank woody88
Indianapolis, Indiana
“So Quaint”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2012

We had been trying to visit the Little Owl on two other occasions, and we finally were able to get a reservation. I'm so glad we did because it was so charming and delicious. It is indeed small; however, it is certainly not pretentious or expensive as another reviewer wrote. And its small size is what makes it so nice! I thought the server was really pleasant and nice, and the food was very good. It's really a lovely little restaurant in a cute area.

scotland
“Best food we tasted in New York.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2012

My family and I were in New York for a few days in July 2012. My daughter is a fan of the series Friends and wanted to see the building shown in the series where they are meant to live.When online I discovered The Little Owl Restaurant was at the foot of the building so decided to book. I am so glad I did as best food we ate while in New York. The restaurant is small and charming and the staff very friendly, well worth a visit but book in advance. You can check out the menu online.

1 Thank laffertyScotland
New York City, New York
“Our favorite local spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2012

We have been living a few blocks away for 5 years and Little Owl is our favorite spot. We usually avoid busy hours and go for a late lunch or an early dinner. The restaurant is small which makes it so intimate and charming. The menu changes regularly except maybe for the meatball sliders which are a classic! Love their grits for brunch too. The staff will always do their best to accommodate you. Very happy to see Little Owl well ranked in Tripadvisor, this is fully deserved.

• 4 of 5 bubbles