3 people are viewing this hotel
Free cancellation until 03/06/22
Aloft.com
$243
Free cancellation until 04/06/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com$255
Priceline$255
Traveluro$311
All reviews brooklyn bridge wall street front desk parking garage next door world trade center battery park memorial museum rooms are small around the corner new york quiet at night metro station easy access location is great statue of liberty upon check coffee maker
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 November 2021

I suspect this hotel is having the same staffing shortages everyone has, and as a result certain areas have gone downhill.

The Good: The staff we encountered were all super helpful and accommodating. The location is also good, with easy access to all the train lines you could need to reach anywhere in Manhattan. Dog friendly is also huge!

The Bad: Hotel overall feels dingy and not well kept up. From lobby to elevators to the room themselves everything just feels....worn. The basic touches you expect from a Marriot brand hotel were missing: bed only had three very worn pillows, housekeeping forgot soap in the room at check-in. Also - and this is weird - I'm nearly certain they put us in a (smaller) queen room even though we paid extra for a King. Finally, as other have mentioned - the walls are thin. Our neighbors on our final night decided to watch Dave Chapelle until 2 am and practice perfecting their door slamming technique.

Date of stay: November 2021
Reviewed 10 November 2021 via mobile

I chose this hotel because it’s a Marriot brand & I normally love staying at Marriotts so I thought I’d give this one a go especially because it was one of the cheaper “nice” hotels in the area. My complaints start with how tiny the rooms are compared to what you’re paying. $200+ a night to stay in a room that you can’t walk side by side with someone else in it. The second issue was when our neighbors decided to pregame for a night out at 1 am and we could hear absolutely everything. I heard every word of their conversations, every item being moved, and every lyric of the music they were playing. I get this happens in a lot of hotels but again, for the price I thought the noise wouldn’t be that big of an issue & it was. The final issue is just how dirty the room is. Dust everywhere, a/c filters that clearly haven’t been changed in a long time, & mystery stains everywhere including the curtains & pillows (which completely flatten and have no support or comfort after one nights use). There’s no excuse for the dirtiness. I had issues breathing all weekend because of the dust. This was my first time staying in Manhattan & this hotel was extremely disappointing. My total for 4 nights ended up at $950 to stay in a dirty shoebox. I would much rather pay a bit more to stay in a nicer, cleaner hotel in the city. The only reason I’m giving it 2/5 and not 1/5 is because the staff was very kind & accommodating. Other than that and the location, this hotel offers nothing but a ripoff.

Date of stay: November 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 October 2021

Ive booked with this hotel twice so far. The first time I got into town at 1am for them to tell me they are oversold and do not have a room for me. This was after I had called earlier in the day to confirm my reservation because my flight had been delayed. They assured me I would have a room when I got in but this was not the case. The second trip I was told I would have a special room to make up for my last trip and not only was I not given any sort of upgraded room but I was given a room with a window that was hanging from a broken hinge and would not shut so the room was 50 degrees the entire time.

The carpet was soaked, the sheets were dirty and the shower drain was covered in some black filth.

I’m always for giving second chances and I am usually not one to complain but after the multiple bad experiences I’ve had with this hotel I’ve had it. You’re better off booking somewhere else.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 24 October 2021 via mobile

First, location is great! Initially our visit had a few quirks but the staff made sure to rectify the situation quickly. Joan made our stay very special and was super accommodating in the middle of the night, no matter what we’d ask for. Charles & Naylin were both amazing as well. Thank you guys for all you did to make sure we were comfortable! Will definitely be returning because of these 3 amazing people.

-James & Danny

Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2021 via mobile

Love it and so close to my daughter’s college it’s perfect. The price is very very reasonable, so makes it easier for quick trips. Takes dogs too for just $100 but it’s worth it!!!! Love the staff, especially Nalyn

Trip type: Travelled with family