“Must stay for couples”

Night Theater District
Ranked #249 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Stayed Superbowl weekend to celebrate my 10 year anniversary. Staff very friendly and helpful, and room was wonderfully decorated.

Upon checkin, the front desk staff was very friendly and had a room for us quickly, even though we were early.

The room was a little small, but didn't feel cramped. I am claustrophobic so was a little concerned. But when I saw the room I felt very relaxed. There was plenty of room to walk around the bed, and the bathroom was a nice size. At no time did I feel uncomfortable in the room. The elevator, however, was another story. It is very small and barely fits 4 people (tightly) at a time. I had to close my eyes and hold my breath when someone else was on it with me..

The bar area was very dark and the seats are uncomfortable.

If you need restaurant recommendations, make sure to ask. Over course of the time we were in NYC, asked front desk about specific types of food and were given great recommendations all within a few minutes walk from the hotel.

The location is ideal if you want to do the tourist thing. It was a few minutes walk from either Times Sq or shopping on 5th Ave. Very close to all major subway lines.

I also think this must be one of the cleanest hotels I've ever stayed in. My room was spotless, and we saw cleaning people in the hallways every time we were coming in/out of our room and in the elevator.

If you feel concerned at all about this hotel, or have any questions, I would suggest you reach out the the management either by phone or email. Response I received was quick and very professional.

Overall, this was a great hotel and I will definitely be back. However, be forewarned that this hotel is for couples. There are suggestive pictures on the walls, and a Karma Sutra in the bedside table. Definitely not a place for children.

2  Thank Lonil001
Chotel321, Front Office Manager at Night Theater District, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2012

Dear Lonil001,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on you recent stay at Night.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and were happy with the level of service and cleanliness at our property. I have taken your kind comments and shown them to our entire team as a great source of motivation to us all.

I hope you will contact me personally at mwahnish@nighthotelny.com so I may assist you with your next reservation.

Reviewed 3 March 2012

we have just stayed there, 23 to 28 feb the room was really clean great showers every one was so helpfull patrick could not have done any more to make are stay amazing so close to time square.we would stay again in the blink of an eye. cool bar in the reception, with a really nice deli over the road two minutes from subway. All in all the best place to stay yours sincerely joby godolphin st ives cornwall england.

2  Thank joby g
Chotel321, Front Office Manager at Night Theater District, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2012

Dear joby g,

I am so happy that you enjoyed your time at Night while you were in NYC!

I have forwarded your kind review to our entire team to show how great customer service goes a long way!

Please feel free to contact me at mwahnish@nighthotelny.com so I may personally assist you with your next reservation.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 1 March 2012

I stayed at Night Hotel for 5 nights in February with my wife. The hotel is a boutique hotel with a slight adult theme. Its certainly more for couples than family. Low level lighting and risque photos are the decoration but it's never over the top and not embarassing, however I did find the bar a little pretentious but that's a purely subjective view and as it appeared busy it's clear not everyone shares my view.

The hotel is ideally located for all the midtown Manhattan sights and shopping. Based on 45th, just off Times Square, it is mid way between the Empire State Building and Central Park. It's near enough the perfect location for dropping shopping back before heading out to a bar, and there are plenty within staggering distance, or to one of the many local restaurants.

Rooms are of a size to be expected in New York but the room is well designed so it doesn't feel cluttered. The most important thing of any room is the bed and here the hotel excels. I found the large bed to be extremely comfortable. Furthermore the air condition unit was quiet and efficient meaning a comfortable temperature at all times. The bathroom, along with the rest of the room, was clean and the shower good. Staff were friendly and room service was efficient without problem.

However there were one or two very minor issues that keeps it from getting a 5 star rating. The lack of wifi in the room is disappointing and the hotel's attitude to the mini bar is slightly aggresive. The prices are ridiculous (but if you're fool enough to use it then that's up to you), but there is an emphasis on a $50 restock charge if you use the fridge. Why? What is perishable in there and why put a fridge in there if you then discourage people from using it either with the prices or threats of a charge. A set of drawers would have been a better use of the space.

Overall though it was a very pleasant stay in a great location, I'd definitely consider the hotel and recommend it to any couple looking for a well priced hotel in a fantastic city.

2  Thank Rob7005b
Chotel321, Front Office Manager at Night Theater District, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2012

Dear Rob7005b,

Thank you for taking time to review your recent trip to Night Hotel.

I am glad that you were overall satisfied with your stay including our central location and comfortable rooms. Sounds like you were able to take advantage with shopping and going out!

I would like to thank you for your criticism regarding our wifi and minibar procedures in the hotel. Please note these issues have been taken to management level to be discussed.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at mwahnish@nighthotelny.com so I may assist you with your future trip to NYC.

Reviewed 25 February 2012

We stayed at the night hotel in February for 5 nights , the staff were helpfull and friendly from the minute we walked in. We were given a fantastic room on the 6th floor with plenty of space. No complaints of a small room here unlike some other reviews. It pays to ask in advance as the hotel happily emailed us back confirming our requests, and on arrival a complimentary bottle of champagne was delivered to our room as it was my boyfriends birthday. The rooms were spotless, beds were comfy and the shower was so good we wanted to take it home.

The hotel is 2doors down from Starbucks, ideal for breakfast or when returning to the hotel with weary feet. You are also steps away from times square and ideally located to explore all that New York can offer.

Even at checkout staff were still helpfull, airport transfer was arranged for $65 and lap top provided to check online and print boarding passes. No complaints will definitely be returning to New York and will definitely be returning to Night Hotel!!!

Room Tip: If you don't ask you don't get
3  Thank CazandAndy
Chotel321, Front Office Manager at Night Theater District, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2012

Dear CazandAndy,

On behalf of the entire team I wish to thank you for having chosen and reviewing Night!

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and our friendly staff was able to assist you to celebrate your boyfriend's birthday.

Our central location is one of our many strengths so it's wonderful to know you were able to take advantage of this.

Please let me know when you are planning to return to NYC by emailing me at mwahnish@nighthotelny.com and I will assist you with your booking.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 24 February 2012

Stayed here in June 2011...very nice hotel. The rooms are small but it's equipped with everything you need. It was clean and modern and the staff was excellent. It was right in the heart of everything!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Everhale

Dear Everhale,

I am glad that you enjoyed your time at Night Hotel.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding the style of our hotel and friendly staff.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at mwahnish@nighthotelny.com so I may assist you with your next reservation.