“Quaint and Quiet”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Seaport Inn Downtown
Ranked #255 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 10 September 2017

We stumbled on this BW property when our other NYC BW property (Herald Square) did not have availability.

We were SHOCKED when we secured a room in NYC for $99 during the holidays. I'm sure it was a fluke but since then we have made this our preferred NYC BW property.

The staff is not "warm & friendly" like some of the other BW properties. Anytime something needed to be addressed it was handled appropriately.

Great breakfast options.

Spacious rooms. Request a balcony or terrace room for an amazing view of the seaport area! Can even see One World Trade Tower.

Can sometimes find street parking for car otherwise paid parking lot a block from the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for terrace or balcony room for great view of city.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 13 May 2017

I stayed here in October for a work event. it is in a quaint part of the city but the hotel was small and dark. I was woken up at like 2-3am by people screaming on my floor. it was terrifying being a girl alone in NY for the first time overnight. I did say something to the front desk in the morning and they didn't seem overly concerned. just said next time call them when it was happening...but I was too afraid to do anything. I also asked for help calling a taxi to grand central that morning. they sent some guy in an old mini van they clearly know personally who doesn't speak English and only takes cash. I told them I needed a taxi who took credit cards since my work was paying for it and I couldn't get reimbursed for cash easily. they then told me I'd have to walk to hail my own cab. not great customer service. luckily I was able to get a taxi easily about a block down, but you'd think someone could have helped me get a taxi at that point (I didn't want to uber either since I needed to tip on the card). my tv also didn't work when I got there, someone did come help fix it though. It wasn't the worst hotel I've ever stayed at, but it wasn't some where I am dying to go back. the people screaming could happen anywhere, but the lack of concern bothered me and the taxi situation was weird.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

I have stayed a number of times at this hotel. I generally stay here when I have matters in federal court in Manhattan. The staff is tremendously gracious. The hotel is clean and immensely well situated. You have access to the courts, Wall Street, and the entire downtown area in general. Beyond that, the neighboring restaurants are outstanding. While New York is littered with great restaurants, the Seaport area is certainly no slouch. The price of the hotel is also great. I highly recommend this hotel!!!!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Paul D
Reviewed 3 February 2017 via mobile

I spend 4 days and the good thing was i only use it to sleep, but it wasnt a good room, the hotel is very old and the rooms are very small, the service was not the best and they dont know aanything about the city..

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 January 2017

Stayed here for 2 nights during Christmas time. Pretty good location, not too far away from the subway station. And if you check in early and ask for a room with a view of the Brooklyn Bridge, it would be great.

I just needed a place that was clean and quiet and not too expensive, this hotel defnitely met my needs. That said, as others mentioned before, the rooms and amenities are pretty basic and one could say somewhat outdated. Having spent over $300 for 2 nights still felt a little too much to me, then I had to remind myself this is New York City…

A couple more positive points: there’re quite a few nice places for breakfast nearby, and the new World Trade Center is walking distance away, the neighborhood itself felt pretty safe (I walked to the hotel from the subway station after 11pm for 2 nights and didn’t see any suspicious people or activities going on).

Room Tip: check in early and ask for a room with the view of the bridge
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo