All reviews rooftop bar katz deli purple bar floor lobby russ and daughters new york freedom tower hotel guests east village bars and restaurants cool hotel floor to ceiling windows hotel bar great neighborhood brooklyn bridge the penthouse corner room
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stay here often for work, and for extended periods. The important things to note are that the rooms are clean, hip, and spacious enough for New York. The cleaning service, particularly Suki Mei, do an incredible job. It always feels like a brand new room after she's been in, and it seems like no matter what time of day you put the "please come in" placard on the door, when you return in an hour it's clean.

The issues with this hotel come down to one thing: Mr. Purple. A popular nightclub that is on the 15th floor. What this means is if you are on that side of the building within five stories above or below, booming bass is blasting into your room until the wee hours. If you're on the bottom few floors you have the street noise on the weekend which, because of the amount of clubs and bars in this area is quite overwhelming as well. Mr. Purple garners long lines that take up two of the four elevators from thursday to sunday night (including pool side drinkers during the days) and literally every night I've stayed here I have seen either someone being taken away in an ambulance, someone throwing up in the lobby, I've had the fire alarm pulled and broken by a patron of the club which resulted in klaxons every five seconds until 4 in the morning.

If you stay on the 5th to 10th floors, or the 19th or above floors though it is actually a very nice place to stay. The lobby (on the 14th floor) is beautiful and has okay food. The staff is always attentive and good. The rooms are nice and clean.

One small quibble, as a platinum elite IHG member who is eligible for upgrades, I have NEVER been offered one here. It's a popular hotel, so it may come down to availability, but as I stay here regularly and for long periods, its a shame not to feel special on occasion.

Stayed: November 2018
YonG37, Manager at Hotel Indigo Lower East Side New York, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Mr. Washington,

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing Hotel Indigo LES! We appreciate the concerns expressed, and though we have been sold out as of late we never want you to feel disregarded. This is why you choose a boutique IHG brand like ours; to feel like an individual and not just a number.

Please do reach out to us upon your next visit/ We'd like to make your happiness our responsibility. As well, as we offer 11 categories, it'd be our pleasure to house you away from the vibrancy of our nightclub.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Suki Mei helped me out a lot while she cleaned my room, did a great job, was very respectful to my belongings & made the stay very lovely! She helped make my stay more comfortable. I will come back now.

Stayed: November 2018

Dear Voyager48929837394,

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing Hotel Indigo LES!

We can't wait to host you again!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed just one nite and we ll come back no doubt. Great location, comfy room and very nice staff. The views from the lobby and hotel bar on the 14th floor are amazing . Special thanks the dorrkeeper Iram, he was very nice

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nestor G

Dear Nestor G,

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing Hotel Indigo LES!

We can't wait to host you again!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I haven’t stayed yet but saw the hotel dates I booked offered on 2 separate websites for $25/day cheaper. I called to ask for the lower rate but because I got the “Endless Summer Sale” I’m purportedly locked into a rate that can’t be changed because my “card has been or may have been charged already.” It has not. I just checked. I assured them I would not stay again in their hotel and the kind teller offered to sign me up for their promotion that would allow me to get the lowest rates at all of their hotels in the group. Why would I want to stay at any of their hotels when all I’m offered is a promotion and not the rate everyone else is paying? Its just bad business.

Stayed: November 2018, travelled with friends

Dear nasus74,

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing Hotel Indigo LES! Please note we are always able to offer any lower rate you're seeing! Please send us a screenshot to amernycosfrontdesk@ihg.com!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I have stayed at Hotel Indigo on the LES three times now. It's a relatively new hotel, so the rooms feel very clean.

Positives: Great views and good area, if you like the Lower East Side. Generally easy to get elsewhere in downtown NYC. Has a small gym, but that's better than nothing.

Negatives: The service is definitley not good. I ordered a disposable toothbrush and an extra towel, and it took 35 minutes to get them... Unfortunately, I didn't need the items after they finally arrived. The front desk staff seems to half-care at best. The staff could be much better overall. And it's worth noting, I am an IHG Spire Elite member, the highest level IHG has, and the staff seemed to not care in the slightest that I live in IHG hotels around the world nearly 1/4 of the year...

Lastly, due to the popular bar on the top floor, Mr. Purple, the elevators get quite crowded and slow... rather annoying.

Room Tip: Corner room with a north or south bound view are nice
  • Stayed: November 2018, travelled solo

Dear Bradford v,

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing Hotel Indigo LES! We sincerely apologize for any delay in service. We know your time is important to us. Upon further investigation it seems our Housekeeping team had your room noted as a 'Do Not Disturb'-perhaps the door tag had flipped over in error.

We apologize you did not feel acknowledged as a Spire member, that's why we placed you in a complimentary upgrade to one of our high floor Deluxe Queens!

Please do reach out to me directly when next you're in town, as we'd love the opportunity to restore your faith in us!