All reviews maiden lane wall street battery park fulton street subway the financial district executive studio one world observatory statue of liberty free breakfast wtc memorial new york full size fridge the breakfast area downtown manhattan world trade freedom tower breakfast staff
Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

Had initially booked two nights but decided to stay longer due to the good service, quality comfortable accommodation and convenient location. Most of the staff are very friendly and hospitable, especially the breakfast team and Jane, Anka & Jessica at reception were excellent in handling my queries. Jane is very helpful and on the ball. Thank you for a lovely stay!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo
NickC4971, General Manager at Residence Inn New York Downtown Manhattan World Trade Center Area, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello aroundtheworld247365, (great handle)

Thank you so much for sharing your experience, and for staying a little longer! I am so glad to hear that the team made a positive impression on you. I am fortunate to be able to work with them and I agree, Jane is on the ball indeed. We look forward to having you back soon.

Reviewed 10 October 2018

The room was lovely. They said it had a view but I guess it's off the shabby office building across the st. Yet it was very clean, furnished well, had a small kitchen, big safe, nice bathroom, big comfy bed, TV with tons of channels, and a cool giant clock on the wall. The guy downstairs does a good job directing people- especially to the upstairs lobby. The lobby is very pretty and front desk staff friendly. They comped our munchy food which was really nice. We could have used two additional pillows (that they assured us were in the room), and it's nice to be recognized as an elevated member of their frequent stay program (which I wasn't) yet I would be VERY HAPPY TO STAY HERE AGAIN! Thanks for making us feel welcomed.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
NickC4971, General Manager at Residence Inn New York Downtown Manhattan World Trade Center Area, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2018

Greetings 'devnerroadtrip',

Thank you for providing us feedback on your recent visit. It is great to hear that you enjoyed our well appointed guestroom and that the team made you feel welcomed. I very much appreciate the constructive feedback as well. We will work to ensure that all Marriott Awards Members are recognized for their loyalty, as well as ensure that the appropriate amenities and extra items are in place for guestrooms. We look forward to our next opportunity to host you again.

Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

The property is immaculately clean. Appears to be almost new. Room was smaller than I’d anticipated, even for Manhattan. I booked the “Larger Studio”. Had only a desk chair so we had to sit on bed all the time. Afraid to know what a smaller studio would look like.

Unfortunately, like other Manhattan Residence Inn properties, this doesn’t have your typical amenities I’d expect for the Brand. No managers evening reception, which seems like a pre-requisite to be called a Residence Inn. It would fit nicely in the Townplace brand.

The staff did their best to compensate for this, but it is unfortunate they need to do so in the first place.

Housekeeping was a quite delayed. I asked for room to be cleaned as I left for lunch at 11:00. Still not done when I returned at 2:00. Understand they had two large wedding parties. When they finally did come, they didn’t leave me towels or dishrags in the kitchen. Good rule of thumb for housekeeping....take away 3 bath towels...leave 3 bath towels. Seems simple.

Very centralized to WTC and the Oculus. Plenty of local restaurants and bodegas around. I block from Fulton Transit Mall.

I’d stay here again, for business knowing what to expect, but don’t look for a Traditional Residence Inn or you’ll be disappointed.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
NickC4971, General Manager at Residence Inn New York Downtown Manhattan World Trade Center Area, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Hello FQTV_IT_Nurse,

Thank you for the candid feedback regarding your recent stay at Residence Inn WTC. While I appreciate your understanding of how busy the hotel was relative to Housekeeping service delays, we clearly fell short in this area and will work to improve. I am thankful that the staff service overall and our convenient location will hopefully give us an opportunity to host you again in the future, despite not having the managers reception. We understand that your business is earned through consistently exceeding your expectations on each visit and we look forward to having you back with us again soon.

Reviewed 7 October 2018

Room was surprisingly large for NYC, I've had much, much smaller. Everything felt clean, like a typical Marriott. Breakfast was good and staff all around was helpful and friendly. The only drawback was a fire alarm on our last day at 6:30 AM. No fire.

Room Tip: 4th floor still has some road noise but I don't think that can be avoided
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
NickC4971, General Manager at Residence Inn New York Downtown Manhattan World Trade Center Area, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Hello Patrick,

Thank you for the positive review of your recent stay. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed our large residences and that the staff made a favorable impression. I appreciate your understanding during the fire alarm, we are certainly thankful it turned out to be a non-emergency situation. We look forward to the opportunity to host you again on your next visit to NYC.

Reviewed 24 September 2018

I am at this hotel now, nothing like the pictures!
We ordered a 35 square meters room and we have got a small room with tiny bathroom! Also they did not clean our room for 3 days! No trash cleaned, no new towels, no toilet paper! Nothing! and when we called to ask towels to take a shower and for paper we were wating more than an hour! the service is very bad!!
At the first night all the guests woke up in the middle of the night because of fire alarm by no reason, they had a problem with the alarm.
The second day were problems with the elevators and we had to wait more then 10 min for an elevator or going down 8 floors.
The breakfest has no variety! No vegetables, not enough place for the guest inside, no place to sit, a lot of people for this littel resturant!
Definitely the hotel ruined our vacation here.
We are very disappointed and don’t recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple