All reviews the empire state building bunk bed room new york rooftop bar construction site bagels building work penn station rooms are small madison square park times square breakfast staff freedom tower around the corner light sleeper few blocks mini fridge
Reviewed 9 November 2018 via mobile

I have special love for the Paul NYC. I have stayed here twice in two years and i would choose this place over and over again. The view from the front room of the Empire State is out of this world. Though the current construction wakes you up early but they changed my room to the back side which was peaceful. Comfortable rooms to a cosy lobby and sitting area to the amazingly warn staff from the front desk to the cleaning staff. One feels at home. Its central and accessible to all the places one needs to be at.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank SairaQ1
mgmt2017, General Manager at THE PAUL NYC- Hotel New York City, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2018

Dear SairaQ1,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review based on your recent stay here with us at The Paul Hotel NYC. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Paul Hotel NYC .We strive to make each guest feel welcomed and appreciated and it appears that we were able to accomplish that! we do Look forward to hosting you here again at The Paul Hotel in the very near future.
Best Regards,

Reviewed 7 November 2018 via mobile

Hotel is fine. But only if you’re okay with being woken up by jackhammering at 7am from the construction site next door. Incredibly noisy... even from our room on the 16th floor. There’s construction on both sides of the hotel with one construction site just getting started.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
mgmt2017, General Manager at THE PAUL NYC- Hotel New York City, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2018

Hello,

Thanks for your review. In Manhattan every Block there is construction, The Big Apple is an ever changing City and I apologize on behalf of our noisy neighbors who are now wrapping up there major construction so there will be less noise. I am sure you were provided with ear plus and white noise machine in a effort to cancel out any noise. Our Hotel is a beautiful Four Star Property with breathtaking views of the Empire State Buildings, in the heart of all shopping centers, Broadway shows, MSG, Javits Convention Center, etc. I am sure you enjoy our well appointed Modern Decor and state of the art in room amenities and our lovely Lobby Bar. Please not not make a little noise deter you from staying at our hotel.

Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

We booked this trip a couple of months back and yes we did see the mixed reviews but given the perfect location we went ahead. Ugh what a mistake! We had nonstop problems with our room
Since check in... the tv never worked, the room was filthy, then someone was running a sawzall right behind our shower and managed to set off the fire alarm
On our room. When the “maintenance” person arrived they blamed that on us taking too hot of a shower. What? Then when we tried multiple times to explain what was happening at the time the alarm was set off both the “Maintenance” person and THE HOTEL MANAGER poo pooed the whole thing off! We stopped every day of our stay to see if our room could be cleaned and our television looked at and it
Was never addressed by the staff. Finally we decided to get the heck out of here a day early and save ourselves any more hassles. I will be seeking some refund from where I booked the trip. This hotel totally misrepresents itself. They tout a rooftop bar but fail to mention that it is closed in fall. They tout a full bar and restaurant... not true! We would urge ANYONE thinking of booking here to just go elsewhere... they do not deserve your money! The pictures are of the filthy windows. The towel we used to wipe down the furniture in the room so our clothes would t get dirty, and a plastic drink glass that was in the stack of glasses on the vanity for use... it has mold in it! So a previously used glass is their way of doing business!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank colobsktldy
mgmt2017, Manager at THE PAUL NYC- Hotel New York City, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2018

Hello Kathleen,

My apologies you were not satisfied with your accommodation at the our Hotel. We take guest complains very serious and implement corrective action to ensure issues like this do not reoccur. The smoke alarm was indeed set off by the very hot and steaming shower that you had taken, as you may observed the entire room was engulfed in steam. Please note, The Paul hotel is a four Star Hotel and DO NOT REUSE CUPS this is very inaccurate and misleading, our cups are "plastic wrapped" by the manufacturer and definitely do not have mold as you have stated, you are totally misrepresenting the facts and the hotel. The dirt shown on the towel is also misleading as rooms are turn over everyday and windows are cleaned daily.

We have checked the Guest Services log to verify your complaints as you indicated you stopped by the Front Desk everyday. No complaints were made by you during your stay if this was the case, I am sure these issues would have been verified and fixed immediately. In addition, fallowing up with your claim that our television did not work this is high inaccurate and misrepresented. Our Engineering Manger verified that the television is is excellent working order.

Please contact me via telephone number #212-204-5752 so we can discuss this matter further. For your next visit to The Big Apple your please consider The Paul Hotel and give us a second chance so that you can experience the Five star Service we are know for.

Regards,
General Manager.

Reviewed 18 October 2018

First let me write something positive: the location is perfect for meetings nearby, there is good subway access, and it is an easy quick walk from Penn Station.

But...This hotel must be competing for the "Smallest hotel room in NYC award" Everything about the room was small and crowded. And given that it's not cheap, it probably wins the "Most expensive hotel per square inch of room space in NYC award" (not including the luxury places that go for $10k per night).

Much to my surprise, I was given a room with a two-level bunkbed, fully equipped with a hobbit-sized ladder. I've never seen bunkbeds in major city hotel before, ever. Not only were they bunkbeds, but they were barely long enough for me (and I am under 6' tall). The only vessels from which to drink water were plastic, wrapped in plastic. In an era when we need to reduce single-use plastic, this is unacceptable.

If you need a decent light to shave by, you're out of luck.

The door-stopper designed to keep the door to the hall from slamming against the wall was barely hanging on, indicating that maintenance was not fully engaged.

Elevator service was highly unpredictable. Twice I wound up waiting at least 5 minutes. If you've got to get down stairs and out for a meeting, build this into your time calculations.

Room tip: go to another hotel
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Pete M
mgmt2017, General Manager at THE PAUL NYC- Hotel New York City, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2018

Dear Pete M,

Please accept my apologies that the room you had reserved did not meet your expectations. Upon review of your reservation, I have verified that the room provided matched your reservation confirmation, and as a room with bunk beds.

We strive to always ensure that our guests are 100% satisfied with their stay and we are sincerely sorry that you did not feel this was the case. We thank you nonetheless for your feedback regarding your stay and wish you many pleasant travels in the future.

The Paul Hotel

Reviewed 17 October 2018

They call New York City the city that does not sleep, and now I know why, so much noise. When booking this hotel we asked for a quiet room and were put into a room on the 21st Floor. However that location did not make much of a difference, where we could still hear the traffic noise, the sirens, even shouts of people from the street. Added to that the construction site next door that was going from 7am every morning including Saturday and Sunday.
So while the room was clean, and the staff friendly, I wouldn’t recommend this hotel until they do something to improve the soundproofing of their rooms,

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank MWylie2017

Dear MWylie2017,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review based on your recent stay here with us at The Paul Hotel NYC.Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with the respective departments to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to New York.
Best Regards,